• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meow...........

I wouldn't be trying to road race the track hawk! Something about power and warranty makes the track hawk seem like a good daily driver.

It would be the wife's ride as I am pretty happy with my Tacoma. We have thought about getting a srt8wk2 but the price/performance isn't good at all when I could sc her current (3.6) jeep and be around 400awhp which is more than a stock srt8.

I test drive the new Durango Rt thinking it might be decent but it was underwhelming.... to fat?

I test drive the new Durango Rt thinking it might be decent but it was underwhelming.... to fat?

Lol. What'd you expect for 360 HP and 5331 lbs? Dealer told me 2017 may include an SRT8 version with the 6.4L.

They're making the Challenger in AWD...... calling it the GT. But it'll only have the 305 hp V6. Dealer said no V8 like the '14 Charger R/T AWD's had because they went from a 5 speed auto to the much longer in size 8 speed auto, so no room for an 8 cyl. That'd be a hoot even with a 5.7L. I suppose adding a turbo or supercharger to the V6 could make it more entertaining. I'm on the list at the Dealer to drive one when they arrive sometime this 1st quarter 2017. Would make a groovy winter "beater".

Sema version of the GT:

challenger_gt_awd_0.jpg

Production will likely be this: (note the lack of dish to the wheels to accommodate the wider drivetrain)

2017_dodge_challenger_gt_awd_dg017_125cl_720.jpg

Can you say lift kit? I'm on the fence, but the concept is kinda cool.

2014-Dodge-Challenger-SRT8.jpg

2015-07-07_17-38-07.jpg

Last edited:
We had a 15 charger awd with the 3.6. With blizzacks on it, it was unstoppable. It still had a decent amount of power and was very very comfortable.

Uh.........LOL.

IMG_20170304_222153793_zpsmrvqvjjm.jpg

Sales guy called me a couple weeks ago, they got in a GT I could take for a spin.

Definitely cool, but it needs more power to be fun. Under the hood, I'm not seeing exactly why a 5.7 or even a 6.4 wouldn't fit, there was lots of space between the front of the V6 and the radiator... Wondering if Dodge is just holding out. Definitely reasonably priced though.

But for $15K I could get a clean Trailblazer SS3....... 395 hp and all wheel drive...... and half the price.

Sales guy called me a couple weeks ago, they got in a GT I could take for a spin.

Definitely cool, but it needs more power to be fun. Under the hood, I'm not seeing exactly why a 5.7 or even a 6.4 wouldn't fit, there was lots of space between the front of the V6 and the radiator... Wondering if Dodge is just holding out. Definitely reasonably priced though.

But for $15K I could get a clean Trailblazer SS3....... 395 hp and all wheel drive...... and half the price.

Are you interested in getting rid of the MeowCat to get a GT?!

Or just going to compare?

LOL, no, the HC ain't going anywhere. Even if for some stupid reason I wanted to be rid of it I'd lose my ass on the depreciation.

I just have a wild hair to have 2 Challengers....... I like them THAT much. I'd prefer to get an R/T or SRT with a stick shift so I could have the best of both worlds but that isn't in the budget or all that practical. The AWD of the GT was appealing for a car usable all year long and something my wife could drive (she's not into manual transmissions).

But if we needed to get another year round vehicle, the TBSS3 makes more sense and easier on the wallet cost wise.

The reality of it is.... I just need to quit dreaming and spend a few bucks on one of my MJ's so that it can serve as the back up vehicle. I regret having traded off that white Dakota R/T........

I got bored from having 2 of the same car (transam/camaro)I liked one over the other and never paid attention to the step child. It did allow me to get a hot rod though..

Since you want a stick have you thought about one of these handling package camaros? ZL1's are so damn cheap now. The new ss 1le packages are nasty. Quicker than the previous generation z28 and more comfortable. Track toy if you're nasty

I got bored from having 2 of the same car (transam/camaro)I liked one over the other and never paid attention to the step child. It did allow me to get a hot rod though..

Since you want a stick have you thought about one of these handling package camaros? ZL1's are so damn cheap now. The new ss 1le packages are nasty. Quicker than the previous generation z28 and more comfortable. Track toy if you're nasty

Unfortunately none of the Camaro's are comfortable to sit in and drive for me. But I agree.... they can be great cars.

Definitely some truth to having more than one of a similar car..... say like having 11 MJ's...... :doh: Even now that I'm down to 3, they each are as different as they can be (stock Eliminator/lifted trail truck eventually, Dually long bed with a stroker, and my lowered raceTruck) If I can ever get all 3 working at the same time, they'd each offer different driving experiences and purposes.

Which is why I was drawn to the GT. Different yet similar. But yeah, having an SRT8 6 speed Challenger wouldn't be much of a step apart from the HC and I'd probably be more inclined to jump in the manual car parked in the driveway than dig out the HC in the garage...... :looney:

So having the newer ride with some boosted ponies, how do you feel about it vs an old big displacement hot rod? Obviously there are great creature comforts, but as far as fun to drive, how does the new compare?

Pretty much as you'd expect.......

New is safe, refined, agile, confident, comfortable.... Easy fun. Get in and go. No worries.

Old is challenging, edgy, raw, white knuckle, beat you up....... Fun with a physical price. Takes some brain power, even some planning.

No question, both have their merits and draw backs. Nothing like punching a 440 6-pack 4 speed car and the angry grunt it'll respond with. But turning and stopping is where it collects it's price. The kind of effortless power a Hellcat, Rousch Mustang or Hennessy Camaro provides is just silly fun.

Car to spend a day in, put some miles on? Hellcat.

Car to do a cruise night or car show with? Old muscle.

Road course? Hellcat.

Drag strip? Tough one....... both can be a blast as long as you're not trying to be competitive. Old can be too unpredictable.

What'd I win????

Hahaha. Just my appreciation. Just thinking about a fun car. Dads stang and brothers truck should be done this year.

Dammit Matt.............. I said I should stop dreaming. Now I have images of a hair dryer in a GT in my melon..... :banghead:

Oh I have no doubt..... I would SOOOOO dig that set up in the GT.

I just wonder what it does to the warranty. I gotta assume there's some computer flashing that would be involved..... which generally screws warranty all up.

It's also got me twitchin' about boosting the Hemi Grand....... :looney: But again.... warranty.

Place in Florida is making convertibles. Only an additional $20K (must be cash too, no cards or financing)......

Ya gotta think some serious under body bracing has to have been done....... some nasty wheel hop from a good hard launch could send those doors popping open.......

convertible%20hellcat_zpsycwoorlw.jpg

IMG_20170314_095940522_zpsph6dhzxg.jpg

Last edited:
Back