• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meow...........

That's a heck of a deal.
I'd like a run with your demonic kitty. I'd like a run from a dig Troy.

Spring 2017 brutha...... Yella & Guapo run their rides. I'm down! :thumbup:

Whut Camaro?

No matter what you do, you're screwed.

Indeed.......:D

BLOWN-HEMI-HISTORY-05.jpg

2 truck full of tires. Haha
Super cool cars. I would have a tough time saying no to one if the time was right for me to get one.
For now I'll stick to budget chevrolets. Woo

Last edited:
Well........ I'm really certain now. I'm not a fan of Pirelli tires.

The HC came with the option of 2 Pirelli tires, an all season and a summer only tire. Mine had the summer tires on it. For the most part, initially, I didn't have an issue with them. The Pirelli all season run flats that our SRT8 Grand had were simply awful and we tossed those in a hurry in favor of the very affordable and highly rated Yokohama Parada Spec X. LOVED those tires on the SRT8 Grand.

As the months went on, I noted similarities in the handling characteristics of the Pirelli's on the HC that reminded me of the run flats. I actually checked them once to be absolutely sure they weren't. Just rough riding tires with lots to be desired on wet surfaces.

Come September, I checked the tread depth of the rear tires. Lots of hard launches with brief moments of tire spin, but no burn outs. 2/3 rds of the tire was already gone....... I know.... what did I expect of ANY tire mounted to a car with this kind of horsepower. But still.

Then came the brief burnout I did at the Meet and Greet. I knew I wouldn't be able to NOT do one EVER..... seemed like a good idea at the time...... tires are now at 2-3/32nds at the wear bars. If I try to goose it to pass a slow moving car I end up having to correct it out of a pretty loose fishtail. Especially on the cold concrete road surfaces out here. Kinda spooky actually.

Figured I'd deal with it in the Spring since this weekend was the last hurrah for the HC and I put it away for the winter. But started doing the research on replacement tires. I won't bore you with all the data and review info but when it came down to it, all good points pointed to the Continental Extreme Contact DW's

TireRack was having a REALLY good sale on these this week. Normally $916 for a set of 4, I got a set for $596 picked up at their warehouse in Denver.

Gonna be a long winter........ But I WILL wake up the HC with a truly gnarly smoky burn out come Spring..... :laugh3:

IMG_20161129_113600907_HDR_zpsn9vlkin8.jpg

Hey Troy, are these 275/40R20? Just curious as Im going to that size on my R/T and I was about to buy Pirelli P Zero's for mine. Glad I seen this.

Yep, stock size.

This car SOOOO needs mini-tubs and wider rear tires........:banghead:

Got to looking for mini-tub'd Challenger builds on the interwebz.......Found this:

GAWD!!! Why didn't Dodge just do it this way from the beginning???? That's a 345/35/20 under there. A thing of beauty!

stance1.jpg

Not a super easy modification given the car's IRS and struts. That car got modified LCA's to mount coil-overs to and relocated upper mount location for the top of the coil-over. Then a 4" mini-tub section. I can only guess what a good shop would charge to do this modification, but it sure seems like smart money.

Last edited:
Can you not just fit a narrower drag radial? We have a few kitty's up here that seem to hook decent.

Thicker sidewalks are the truth. Cheaper and they will hook.
The setup you posted does look good, but I'd rather have a better 60 foot with a 17x10 wheel in the back.

Yeah.....If all you wanted was straight line. I like road course more than drag racing. A wider tire helps in both applications but a DR tire is the suck for all around driving.

Plus.....I hate the look of the DR rear and 20 inch up front. I'd never drive it around like that on the street - yuk. If I wanted drag performance only, I'd have ordered a Drag Pack Challenger.

Last edited:
So drag =. Drag pack challenger....If you wanted cornering.... Why did you get a boat? Those are made for floating...

Says someone who has never driven one on a track.......;)

No its no sooped-up Subie but it's not trying to be either. I've driven a WRX/STI with road course suspension........ utterly brutal on the body of the driver, but it stuck like glue. Thing is...... even stock ones ride like ass.

I've put 60+ laps in SRT8 392 Challengers with street tires and I was plenty impressed. More importantly...... it was very comfortable and FUN!

You can have your full bodied go cart Subies. I absolutely love the feel and handling of this "boat". I'd just like to keep its back end planted.

Last edited:
I am no longer a Subaru fan for the record. If I didn't promise my wife I wouldn't buy one again, I'd get another Miata.
I am just jealous of the hell cat. Counting down the time till I get to trade my wife's wk2 in for a srt8 wk3 when they get hellcatish.

Counting down the time till I get to trade my wife's wk2 in for a srt8 wk3 when they get hellcatish.

As in the Track Hawk? Dayum son, talk about a heavyweight :laugh:. FCA has it's work cut out for it where the trans and drivetrain are concerned. Lots of concern about it being able to handle the power (which is reported to be below the 707 the cars have). You'll be plunking down quite a chunk of change for that ride. Unless you plan to wait a couple years after they come out and take advantage of the nasty depreciation these things are subject to.

For the money...... I'd go with a '14-'16 SRT8 WK2 and supercharge it. Half the price.

Last edited:
Back