• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

meet and greets

crazy4mopar said:
So what ever happened to the meet and greets?

It kind of fizzled away I guess. Prairie City was a good place until I hear now that Stu over there loves to hand out tickets for not having mud flaps. Lot of people have been ticketed, so I'm not too keen on going there at the moment, I already got 2 tickets in the last month for not having a front license plate, 1 for a car pool violation ($351 ouch), and a speeding ticket in Fairfield off of I-80. Man tickets suck.
We should maybe have a monthly trail/meet now that it is wheeling season and everything is open. We talk enough on the trail as it is so we should get some wheeling in as well.
Troy

JeepFreak21 said:
How about July 1st.
Billy

Thats next month Billy ;)

I know lots of people have plans on the 4th of July, but maybe we can get a wheeling day trip to Fordyce on Saturday the 3rd or maybe the Rubicon. Anyways we should have some sort of wheeling trip inc'd with a meet. We talk enough on the trail and have a better setting than sitting around a table and getting pushed around at a restaurant. How about a bbq or something where everyone brings a little something with them on a wheeling/meet day/weekend. Come on the trails are open now, this is the time to do some wheeling. I hear Brett loud and clear, let's finish our heep and get it back on the trail soon.
Troy

JeepFreak21 said:
I miss the meet and greets. Forget trying to make plans for every month... let's just make a date for NEXT month. How about July 1st.
Billy

Ok, I'll meet on the 1st. Where do you want to go? I'm going to be working at 80 and Watt.

Can we move the date to Friday? I think more people would be able to attend on that date as it is the last day of the regular work week & the start of the weekend. People could make the meeting after work before they get home and do their weekend thing.
Jason, that place looks pretty good, is that up by you by Arco?
Troy

If we try to please everybody, then it's going to go back to having nothing, like it's been for the last couple months. I'd prefer meeting with a small group, to not meeting at all. I'd rather head to the mountains on a Friday after work if I can, anyway.

Jason, does that mean you're in for the 1st? Place looks good.

Phil Weeks said:
If we try to please everybody, then it's going to go back to having nothing, like it's been for the last couple months. I'd prefer meeting with a small group, to not meeting at all. I'd rather head to the mountains on a Friday after work if I can, anyway.

Jason, does that mean you're in for the 1st? Place looks good.

I was going to try to make it, but it depends on if I have softball starting again or not. Thrusdays are never good for me. I wouldn't make it on friday either with traffic. I'ld do wednesday for sure though I may be a little late.

Troy, that place isn't really "near" me, but its the closest thing to me that's in Sac.

basalt51 said:
I was going to try to make it, but it depends on if I have softball starting again or not. Thrusdays are never good for me. I wouldn't make it on friday either with traffic. I'ld do wednesday for sure though I may be a little late.

Troy, that place isn't really "near" me, but its the closest thing to me that's in Sac.

Wednesday would work for me and the location is fine. I was just giving you a little grief about the location, I know you are coming from Woodland so a central location would be better, and Phil from Davis so off of I-80 would be easier for you guys and not hard for me. It's hard for me to make Tues or Thurs. Prairie City was a good place to meet until, Stu over there is handing out no mud flaps tickets to everyone. I hope they cut that crap out, the park should be getting better with the boulders/rocks their bringing in.

Ok, it's not "next month" but it's close. How about the LAST Wednesday of the month, at On The Border, after work (?). That would be June 30th, July 28th, August 25th, and September 29th will finish the summer.

just wanted to add my two cents :D If you guys pick a time/place I will come hang out, would like to meet you all and put a face to a name! Don't have my own XJ just yet, but the more I am around them, get a chance to see what it is I should be looking for, then the better off I will be when I do find one in knowing what looks out of place on it :) ( right? lol)

BTW, im Laurie :)

shezapistol said:
just wanted to add my two cents :D If you guys pick a time/place I will come hang out, would like to meet you all and put a face to a name! Don't have my own XJ just yet, but the more I am around them, get a chance to see what it is I should be looking for, then the better off I will be when I do find one in knowing what looks out of place on it :) ( right? lol)

We look forward to meeting you Laurie :wave:
Billy

shezapistol said:

Welcome to the Sierra Chapter:wave:

I would be down to come out and finally meet some of you guys. Just don't pick on me too much 'cause I'm only at 3" of lift and 31's. . . :bawl:

I'm in for the last wednesday of the month.

Back