• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet/Get together

xjman88

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
I am trying this again. I want to have another meet and greet next Saturday on 16 Sept. Please try to make it. I want to talk about a run or two this fall, a couple of snow runs this winter and also see what interest there is for helping out at Spruce Mountain cutting trails. Please post up and let me know if you can make it. I want to meet up at Home Depot in Augusta again and possibly move to a park so those with little kids can play while us big kids discuss stuff and talk shop. Take care and keep the rubber side down.

Later,
Matt

Unless theres something I am planning on doing that I havn't been told about yet, Im in. Noon?

swany said:
hey, xjman88 where can i get one of those air pumps like you have in the engine compartment?
Chris,
I got mine at an auto parts store in Colorado called Checkers. I have seen them at VIP around here. You can also go to their website. Go to Google and look up DV Innovations out of Denver. I think you can order it directly from them. I hope this helps you out buddy. I don't see a problem changing it to Sunday. I will let you know.
Later,
Matt

It is changed to Sunday the 17th at 12:00 noon so that more people can attend. If any issues, post up and let me know please.
Thanks,
Matt

I am definitely in for this one. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Hey all,
My family and I ran up to Moxie Falls and then to Moxie Lake today which is up 201 north. I scouted out a bunch of trails in the area. Had the wife's van so we did not go on any of them but looked at them from the road. Looks promising for a future trip or two. Also found alot of places to camp up there too. We will talk about this at the meeting next Sunday. It is about 1 1/2 hours up there from Sidney/Waterville doing 60.
Later,
Matt

Sent PM I hope to make it, Matt. Also I have a Map ( not the Delorme) that Indicates Logging AND "jeep Trails" Their words. You guys might like to look at. It does cover the Moxie Lake area And More. I'l bring it along.
Happy Trails, Dan.
ps: good idea about the park!!!

For anyone who wants their own copy, you can get them from Plum Creek Timber company, they have an office in Bingham, and if I remember what the man in the office said, one in Fairfield, but I'd say just call and ask if they would mail you one. The maps are free and they make their lands public use available, so they shouldn't have any problem.
Happy Trails!

Crap now I can't make it. Family obligations. And fishing. Sucks, I really wanted to make this one. But I will be checking out some of the trails around my parent's house to see if they are still open. I know of a nice little pond that you can wheel to, fish, and camp at. But its probably to late in the year for that.

Hope there is a good attendance, and everyone has fun. And most importantly plan for the next one and keep us all posted. Seems to be a good sized group of us up around here, should be able to make something happen.

Edit: Wow talk about timing, xjman88

Ok now Im back in, dad doesn't need my help until later afternoon.

Edit: Im also gonna throw in my work laptop its got a decent delorme mapping software on it we can check out if we want.

We had 3 XJs and 5 adults show. Good group, look forward to getting offroad with you guys.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. It was nice meeting y'all and just talking shop. If anyone is interested, I am trying to go run/scout some trails this weekend. I am thinking about on Sunday. If anyone wants to go, post up and let me know. Talk to you all later.
Matt

Back