• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mech temp gauge

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 XJ and want to install a mech water temp gauge due to all my gauge's quit working, I have a short somewhere and cant seem to find it. I see where the stock temp sensor is on the back of the block but the new sensor doesnt look like it will fit. Can someone tell me how to get this thing to work? Is there somewhere else I can install it at?

I installed a T into my upper heater hose for my gauge, but i went with an electric gauge.
look behind the AC compressor and you will see the T with a wire coming out of it.
4299435406_2c7825c9ee_b.jpg

i did the same as webdog, but installed it in the thermostat housing, whichever tee u use make sure it is deep enough for the gauge sensor hth

i did the same as webdog, but installed it in the thermostat housing, whichever tee u use make sure it is deep enough for the gauge sensor hth

Same here, just a little further back.
{'91 XJ}
100_1585A.jpg

The "T" was 3/4 inch and hose barbs from Lowe's.
Was gonna put he sensor AT the "T" but it was a little long. Thats why its where its at.

Thanks for all the idea's.

But Im going to hold off. After getting a mech oil pressure installed, I have come to realize that my motor probebly doesnt have much life left in it. At 220k its has a good bit of blow by, smokes out the front PVC(put a airfilter instead of replacing hose), plus the oil pressure at speed is only 25ish psi and at idle is atmost 10psi once warmed up. So im hunting for a new motor now

Back