• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Man Killed by Falling Rock

That sucks!

Ya never know! when your times up, it's up.

taken from CO4x4.......she was on the trail with him yesterday

Jeepngirl said:
I took a picture of Jim yesterday at a waterfall on Silver Basin, it was the only clear pic I got of him.

jimparker.jpg

It is unfortunate that in cropping it it became pixelized a bit.

That's a tragedy.
Seems it was just dumb luck.
Fortunately, his passenger survived.

"Gift From Above", though.
Now that's funny......

That was my dad's best friend who I have known for over 20 years. Jim was a helluva guy and was always there if you needed anything. I know in my family he will truly be missed, especially since we saw him nearly everyday of the week. Fortunatly his passenger , my mom, is safe and miracously grabbed the wheel saving her own life. Please pray for Jim, his son David, family Faye, and all of his other friends. Jim will truly be missed.

Here is a link to the Jeep Club of which Jim, my family, and I are members.

http://www.lonestarjeepclub.org/board/showthread.php?t=5376

teamair2k2 said:
That was my dad's best friend who I have known for over 20 years. Jim was a helluva guy and was always there if you needed anything. I know in my family he will truly be missed, especially since we saw him nearly everyday of the week. Fortunatly his passenger , my mom, is safe and miracously grabbed the wheel saving her own life. Please pray for Jim, his son David, family Faye, and all of his other friends. Jim will truly be missed.

Give our regards to his family and your mother.

teamair2k2 said:

Dude, that really sucks. Please accept my condolences and pass them on.

Last edited:
that sucks. Just got back from the Beartooth's and was thinking about falling rocks while up there and thinking about that danger. They had a avalanche of water and rocks wipe out three sections of the highway last spring.

But if they have problems with stuff falling off wouldn't they try and knock off the loose stuff?

Getting it back on track.... Sorry to hear about your loss, hurts even more when someone good goes to soon. I've driven that stretch of trail numerous times, often wondered about the trail debris from overhead.
Best wishes for your family and friends. TC

We ran Black Bear Pass on Monday and when we stopped for gas in Ouray we heard about the death. Looked across the street and saw the Jeep behind the wrecker.

Our prayers go out to his family.

I first read about this on Jeepin.com, Its a real tradgedy, I didn't know him but he sounds like the kinda person I would wheel with.

God always takes the good guys.

My reguards to you and the families involved.

Back