• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Made a front bumper - mounts and all - NO 56k...

jjvande said:
looks good, how would you compare cutting 0.25" with a sawzall to an angle grinder with the thin cutting discs?

about the same time and vibration to the hands, but no burning sparks with the sawzall and the filings seemed to stay more contained - however, I ate 2 sawzall blades, and only 1 grinder disc for the project...

Gojeep said:
Serves two things to sit it lower. One is the closer you are to the middle of the frame for the pulling forces of the winch, the better, and the less grille area you cover the less risk of over heating from restricting the airflow through the radiator you have.

exactly my thoughts as I built this piece...

The real test will come tomorrow when I hit the Fordyce...:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1

how do you plan on hauling back the pieces of bumper?

Very nice:cheers:

Gojeep said:
Serves two things to sit it lower. One is the closer you are to the middle of the frame for the pulling forces of the winch, the better, and the less grille area you cover the less risk of over heating from restricting the airflow through the radiator you have.

but its not any lower or any more center than if the angle iron werent put on the sides. Does it stiffen it up?

Thanks,

Jesse

It's mostly for looks.
Everyone knows it would look stupid if the winch were just sitting on a flat surface.
Angles, on the other hand, always look good.

Imagine if the bumper were just a flat surface.
Not so pretty, huh?

is.php

And if you cut out the grille, real nice, it looks real nice.....

is.php

img_5376.jpg

Last edited:
lighthouse jim said:
hey opie, nice project! Good on your first "real" welding job. I was surprised to recognize your name, though. You considered buying my MJ in San Jose a couple of summers ago...

Hey!

I know who you are now - how's that MJ working for ya? did you ever sell it?

If it didnt have the V6 you'da had a buyer that day...

Back