• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowering jeep. No flame

BruceB83 said:
Don't worry though guys, that horrific day was countered by seeing my first lifted Liberty in person. I have to say, it looked really nice. AFAIK, they only make a 2 or 2.5" lift for the KJ. It looked a little taller. I think it had 32's on it. Very nice...made me excited for us to hurry up and get one for the wife.

Take a look at www.lostkjs.com.

I have wheeled wiht some of these folks and they are super nice! Liberty's aren't Cherokees, but they can be made into nice rides that are pretty capable. Folks are starting to do solid axle conversions in the front. I have seen larger lifts and 33's on a couple, but I believe the "norm" is about 2" with 31"s.

i wouldnt mind going this route myself.... if you have more then 2 jeeps... its hard to do stuff to that last one...(which is a yellow w/ black stripe al unser edition mj at stock height) or else its yet another money pit....
cant see it working on a cherokee though... youd have to see the mj... its the only way to fly
soooo....

why not cut some coils,play with the leafpack to get little lift.... put some 17¨ not too blingy, but nice, maybe something mildly ricey? limo tint.... bucket seats stereo?

sounds like a good idea to me....

Last edited:
There is an XJ at a place called Rowdy Customs outside of Atlanta that has been lowered with a Spring under conversion, shorter springs, custom bumpstops and some serious steering hacks...also has a hemi from a newer Dodge pick up and a 25000 dollar price tag.....just a comment ...nice to see if your ever in the area

Lowering an XJ... thats crazy, who would take a vehicle designed from the factory to ride at a certain height and change that to suit what they wanted it to be???? (tini bit o sarcasm there)

I do wonder what the end result would look like, I find the Cherokee 'looks' taller than it really is just stock, so lowered its going to look very unique indeed.

Be sure to post some pics during and after.

there one around here thats been lowerd in the front with smaller tires on the front and fatties in the back, dosen't look to bad except for the gay paint job. the stupid thing is it's 4wd! hope he dosen't lock it in!!!

aside from that I've seen lowerd s-10 blaser's, explore's,suburban,s etc. and done right they are cool,not my choice,but I can respect any mods (lift,lowering,whatever) done right, just because it,s not done alot dosen't make it wrong.... hell it wasn't to long ago people thought souping up a honda was dumb, know look at it they have there own t.v. shows, drag classes, more magazine's than we do, the list goes on. I say do it!

Its his....let him do what he wants.............

Ur all just jealous b/c you all spend all that money to get up high with big tires.....and then coming to realize that you want to go looooooowwwwwwwww

keel1e.jpg

With some Hydraulics and loud Spanish Rap..........you will be the ONLY homie......that ill envy

Last edited:
My ranger (If i still had it) laid frame... Do I get 20 bucks?

My VW lays the floor pan on the ground... Since thats simple to do I'll settle for 10 bucks...

Well since you are planning on ruining a good Jeep you wanna trade my D35 in good condition for the 8.25, I have been looking for one. I need the 29 spline axle for the new 33's in my garage.

Also FYI: I heard some guys at work talking about a huge APC decal, exhuast, and interior light sale at Advance Auto.

Ok, I said no flame. Seriously, is every mod out there the best thing for everyone? No. Like I said, I wanted to do something different. I could lift it, and be like what, the other 15,000 jeeps per square mile that are lifted? I dont have anywhere to wheel around here that isnt posted, filled with 40inch bogger ruts, or a notch more challenging that a dirt road. So I can either spend a bunch of money to lift my truck, put tires on it, all so I cant get an inspection sticker anymore? Not worth it IMO

So I want to lower it, something different. A challenge, I want to play with it, and lifting a truck I have to drive 50 miles a day back and forth to school wearing out $200 mud tires doesnt seems feasable. How poser is it to have a rig that I dont wheel ? I had a lifted truck, granted it was only 2" with 31s and a detroit. It was fun, no doubt, but it got boring, I everywhere that it was possible to wheel, was boring. Everywhere else would have swallowed that truck whole.

In the end, im going to do what I want to my truck, it is mine, and if someone doesnt like it, thats theyre opinion and thats fine. To each theyre own.

:NAXJA: North American XJ Assosiation. Not North American Lifted XJ assosiation

Phil said:
The front is easy. Coils, shocks, alignment, done. Bumpstop for clearances, 2WD front beam, ditch the front driveline but keep the t-case for smokey burnout gearing. Your steering angles will be better than the '6" of lift and stock steering, yeah!' guys.

In the rear I'd go SUA with 3" or so lift leaf packs. Stiffer for body roll control, should be easy to find, should be a 2-3" drop. Go ahead and set your new pinion angle before you burn in the SUA perches. Less lifted packs would drop more, packs for more lift would get you closer to stock height.

Feel free to trim for tire clearance, up to and including wheel tubs for the rear. Although, at some point you'll have to remember leaf pack clearance.

At some point I decided I didn't want to see the OP's posts, but I laugh at the people who think it's fine to beat the snot out of a vehicle on the dirt, but heaven forbid anyone lower a Jeep.

Absolutely. I think we talked about how easy it would be to get 2-3 inches down on an MJ. I know Bryan and I kicked it around a few months ago. Looking at it again, I'm pretty sure it's even easier than I thought at first.

Also it's looking like a pretty cheap mod to do. Might just get one under way in the next few weeks.

--ron

Back