• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower Tranny Line

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
Hey All,
I'm redoing my cooling system and I'm stuck on my ower tranny line that runs from the radiator. It does not have the two litle tabs that need to be depressed and I can't get it off for the life of me. Anyone have any ideas? I'm able to get the special tool that is "supposed" to take it off but I still ca't get it to come off.

There should be 4 little tabs inside of the bell (or female side) I just used a screwdriver (hard) but you can buy the tool that depresses the tabs down to get the line off.
I should read the whole post before responding. The screwdriver method is push 2 down, shift line so they stay down then push the other 2 and hopefully they are all down, then pull hard. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
The tabs are not there. That is the problem. I have the tool and it is going all the way in the tranny line but it is still not coming off.
On my last jeep the tabs were there.

Dont know what to tell you other than push the rubber line up on the hard line when you use the tool, that way you clear it from the lip on the hard line - the tabs HAVE to be there, otherwise there wouldnt be anything holding rubber line on there.

JNickel101 said:
Dont know what to tell you other than push the rubber line up on the hard line when you use the tool, that way you clear it from the lip on the hard line - the tabs HAVE to be there, otherwise there wouldnt be anything holding rubber line on there.

I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it up

JoshRountree said:
This thread may help a little: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=930890

If the tabs aren't there, then just on the hose real hard, or shoot some PB blaster in it. Does the line move at all, or is it stuck on the connection?

The line doesn't really move at all. The more I play with it tranny fluid will seep so do you really think PB Blaster will work? I'll try anything. I've pulled on it just about as hard as I can with nothing budging.

Sounds like it's seized up. Squirt some PB blaster down in there and wait a little while. Hell, if you're going to replace the line anways cut it off behind the connector about 3-4 inches, then get a pair of pliers or channel-locks on there and go to town.

Here's a pic of it. I just ended up braking it off at the radiator. I can see the metal tabs down there but there is not plastic tabs. I've PB'd the hell out it ans I don't think the plastic tool is long enough.

Back