• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower staging idea

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I know in the past couple years the lower staging area can be kind of a mess at times with everybody coming down the hill and just trying find a line to get into. I know it happened last year with the green groups and one having a lot more rigs in it than the other.

Was just thinking since we have them pick which trails they would like to run when they do their registration, what if we kind of assigned them a group to be in that way we can try and keep each group as close to the same size as possible? Maybe give them a number or something on the registration with which group they go to. Just an idea.

Let me know what you guys think.

We could do something like that it would have to be after registration is closed. Not quite sure how we would do it. I think the best thing we can do is make much smaller groups.....I think last year worked really good. One of the problems is the first line was hardly even off the road....You guys did great with the colored flags and that idea...we just need to keep chipping away at improving.

The issue with pre-assignment is that when you get there, I want to run in your group, if we didn't pre plan which ground we were going to pick, then one of us is going to jump groups and throw off the counts. Then when this happens 10 or 20 times...well...it's a mess.

I think just lining up behind the flags has worked the best, just try to figure out which color combo works the best, last year, that hurt us because we didn't know which colors were going to be used for the trail colors.

If the badlands could just hurry up and mark their trails...

mac 'it can't be easy ;)' gyvr

Do we want to have them facing the same way as last year when lining up or have the flags our towards the other end of the parking lot like 2 years ago? I think having them at the opposite end worked a little better and was easier to get them into the right lines.

Also picking up the supplies this weekend needed to make the flags a foot or 2 taller so they are easier to be seen.

Thanks Ben for taking care of this...I think you are correct about doing it like two years ago.....

Are we still wanting to run with the colors we have for this year? Don't know if the Badlands has finished the color change or not. I can always call them to see if they are done or not.

Still have time to change them if need be.

If you can call them to get colors you can try. Would be nice to have an MI flag, one for the medium stuff and one for the hard.

Might just have to bring a few colors to attach when we know after pre-running on Thursday.

I'll pass the buck to Byron and you on setting up the trail line up.

mac 'however you guys think is best' gyvr

Ok i will call and see if they have gotten the colors finished yet. We can work on getting some flags for MI made up. We already have some red flags done up.

If the flags are tall enough to be seen from the back of a group I think it would be better to put them at the far end of the parking lot. We have to leave that way anyway to get to the trails.

As far as colors go, Green Orange and Red have been the standard for years now. If we change them up, even to correspond with the trail colors, it could cause a bit of confusion.

If the flags are tall enough to be seen from the back of a group I think it would be better to put them at the far end of the parking lot. We have to leave that way anyway to get to the trails.

As far as colors go, Green Orange and Red have been the standard for years now. If we change them up, even to correspond with the trail colors, it could cause a bit of confusion.

why don't we just put some magnets on the bottom and stick them to the leader's roof?

I've thought about that too but there are times when the leaders aren't down there when everybody is lining up so we wouldn't have a rig to put it on

That and we have them made. They make it cleaner and more uniform. A little more height will just make it that much better.

mac 'just have to be a little flexible on flag colors' gyvr

Back