• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lots of steering problems for just 3" lift

well i got the adjustable trac bar anyway to try to eliminate all steering problems. im glad i did anyway cause i had an oem one from pepboys on there which didnt look to strong. plus i like how the rough country one doesnt have a balljoint end on the frame side. ok back to topic. i adjusted it by taking the trac bar off and wiggling the wheel around a little until it was all settled and centered. i measure and the axle is centered correctly but when i put the trac bar back on and wiggled the wheel the body of the xj moves around a lot. it did this pre-adjustable trac bar too though. i dont think it did this before the lift. any suggestions?

nevermind about my last post. i tightened everything up and went for a test drive. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. My steering is better then it was before i did the lift. it mite have been a waste of money getting the adjustable one but now im glad i did it. now just to get the steering box to stop leaking so much ;)

Back