• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost lake - feeler

I will be doing this run, I have lived in sandy most my life and never even seen lost lake. Hopefully I still can't see it because it's frozen and covered in snow.

x2.. kinda.. Two groups Yes

It takes about 3 (+/-) hours to get to lost lake (last two times average)

Once there, We plan to camp at the lake.. so a group could leave camp together for the trip back out:roll:

Camping requirements should be simple, this will be a "Hypothermia run" if you will, So expect to be in a few feet of snow.. Dont show up with 1/2 tank of fuel and in New balance shoes and a hoodie...

:roll:

OK, so noob question I know... but do you guys use special tents for snow camping, or a heater inside your tent? I know how to dress for snow, but have never camped with snow on the ground before let alone a few feet of it. Definitely interested in this run so long as I can get the right gear together in time.

last time i camped in the snow i just dug a hole in the snow and climbed in went to sleep snow caves are warm and snow is like insulation just bring a tarp to lay on and it works great

So is it official are we going on January 4 and? I need to know, I want to bring a friend out and he neededs schedule time off work. I also want to make sure that I have some additions to my truck done before this trip.

i am new to this group, and would be very interested in going to lost lake. i would be interested with connecting with someone before hand, and get my XJ checked out by someone to see if you think it would be okay in the snow. if that is something that someone would be interested in, please let me know. I have slowly been doing some work on my xj, but would like someone with more snow experience than me check out my rig and see if they think it would be okay for the trip

Re: Re: Lost lake - feeler

i am new to this group, and would be very interested in going to lost lake. i would be interested with connecting with someone before hand, and get my XJ checked out by someone to see if you think it would be okay in the snow. if that is something that someone would be interested in, please let me know. I have slowly been doing some work on my xj, but would like someone with more snow experience than me check out my rig and see if they think it would be okay for the trip

Where do you live rabitz?

There are two other members within 1 mile from you..

I'm one of them ;)

una6u7eh.jpg

:D

Back