• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for Extras for a TV show / simulated mass casualty event.

Captain Obvious

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been helping out a friend that is a TV show host on the Outdoor Channel that is looking for volunteers to help out with an episode of "The Best Defense". Some of you I am sure know him or know of him. Michael Bane. Him, Mike Janich and Mike Seeklander will be hosting a one hour special episode that will be filmed here in Loveland for the Outdoor Channel on March 26th.
The subject? A simulated mass casualty event that will save lives.
When? Saturday March 26th, 2016 from 9am-5pm. As we will be filming, we need a full day commitment, lunch will be provided, and unfortunately no financial remuneration.
What we need: As many volunteers as possible (100 is the absolute minimum) to be part of the "crowd" for the event. The only requirement is you must be at least 18 years old as well as being able to commit to the full day.
There will be some of the most knowledgeable active shooter and mass casualty response experts there as advisors to this event, This isn't a "fluffy" simulation, it will be as realistic as possible, and there will be a special effects team as well to help assist with that.
We are also looking for 3 to 6 trained EMTs who would participate in uniform for the triage section. (you will probably need authorization from your higher ups to be in uniform just FYI). There would an opportunity for those EMTs on Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th to spend time and gain educational expertise from member(s) of the faculty of the International School of Tactical Medicine, one of which will be Dr. Dan Olesnicky, MD, FACEP Location: Pulliam Building 545 Cleveland Ave Loveland, CO
this will be a COLD SET for safety: NO firearms, NO knives, NO weapons
of any kind (metal detector will be in use)
We do need a hard count as much as possible for people who want to volunteer for this, you can email the address below and they will get you all the information and forms that need to be done, so we can get a head count for what we need (food being one of them). Also any questions can go to that email or PM and if I can't answer it directly, I can get it answered.

Feel free to let anyone know about this if you think they would be interested in helping out. The building has capacity for a few hundred. No one has done a mass casualty event response video quite like this before so we are all pretty excited to get this going.

To confirm attendance or any questions email: [email protected]

Well it should be worth the drive, just throwing that out there. My only issue is it's on the 26th, the day before Easter which probably is being an issue to some people. We are getting people signing up, and have had a good response to it, but I always say more the merrier if you change your mind!

I'm not affiliated anywhere anymore either so I'd just be frustrated that I can't play medic. I was in the middle of the swat medic app process when I got married so that got put on hold, permanently. It's always interesting to see different takes on the medical and tactical side of active shooters.

Plus if I'm driving anywhere, it will be for the Intermountain run in SLC.

Back