• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locking lugnut remover

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who sells the sockets made to remove locking lug nuts. Kinda at a stand still with my mustang because of these stupid things.

junk socket and a hammer works for me

I don't have any junk sockets and don't really want to make one :(

Though I guess buying a new socket would be cheaper than buying one of the remover sockets.

I used this one a couple of years ago and it worked great; Harbor Freight had it for about half of what Amazon's asking for it. It'll require an impact wrench, but it was very effective and beats having an immobile Alfa-Romeo permanently affixed to your parking space.

i just googgled it and al that came up was a matco set thats all the keys in one set, if anything grab a cheapie from autozone or home depot

I've been looking on harbor freight didn't see anything. Guess I'll call, If not it's socket time.

I don't have any junk sockets and don't really want to make one :(

Though I guess buying a new socket would be cheaper than buying one of the remover sockets.
Autozone junkers - designed to be used once.

yup none at HF.

Thanks guys.

both orielly and autozone told me to go to schwab. who would probably rape my soul in exchange for the removal.

Lol stealership told me to break the stud off... gonna go buy a socket set from HF so I dont f up my crapsmans.

Who sells the sockets made to remove locking lug nuts. Kinda at a stand still with my mustang because of these stupid things.

Did you look for the key ?

Yeah looked in the glove box,console,under seats and the spare tire area in the hatch

Just an FYI, my bro's cadillac had the key in the drivers side door. (I mean inside the door panel.) IDK if its in there but it might be. If it where me Id just get some junk sockets and use those. Really the only other way.

Just an FYI, my bro's cadillac had the key in the drivers side door. (I mean inside the door panel.) IDK if its in there but it might be. If it where me Id just get some junk sockets and use those. Really the only other way.

Someone on stangnet mentioned the key part number might be in the door I may look there.

Lol stealership told me to break the stud off... gonna go buy a socket set from HF so I dont f up my crapsmans.

really, we take theses off of peoples cars probably twice a week at the dealership i work at they should be able to order one for you too. the company is mcguard but you would have to know what the # is which the dealer should be able to find out

Last edited:
are the lugnuts set down into the wheels? if not take a cut off wheel and split the top in half until you can see the stud inside, then use a fat chisel to split and shatter the lugnut. Worst case you bust the stud and have to replace it when you get the wheel off. Or scratch the wheel I suppose but if you're careful that shouldn't happen.

Back