• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker in 8.25

for a good low cost option on a 4x4 DD that will be virtually invisible on the road, definitely consider an autolocker up front like the Aussie or Lockrite for the D30 for example, they are very affordable at around $250 or so. an autolocker in the rear will definitely be noticeable since it is engaged anytime you step on the gas (think tires chirping in uturns), where as a front locker only engages while in 4WD.

plus i do not believe there are any low cost options for an 8.25 at this time, at least for the 29 spline axle.

Last edited:
I thought the 29 spline 8.25 was offered '97-01, not '96-01'. Anyway, I'm still waiting for Aussie to put out a locker for the 29 spline 8.25:dunce:

Just kidding, how many years have they been saying they were ABOUT to offer it?

Well, it should be any minute now that it comes out....

I'm going to be the first to pick one up....along with a flux capacitor and Mr Fusion. Want to make sure you have traction when you get to 88mph....

JNickel101 said:
Well, it should be any minute now that it comes out....

I'm going to be the first to pick one up....along with a flux capacitor and Mr Fusion. Want to make sure you have traction when you get to 88mph....

Where we're going, we don't need... roads.

copbait said:
for a good low cost option on a 4x4 DD that will be virtually invisible on the road, definitely consider an autolocker up front like the Aussie or Lockrite for the D30 for example, they are very affordable at around $250 or so. an autolocker in the rear will definitely be noticeable since it is engaged anytime you step on the gas (think tires chirping in uturns), where as a front locker only engages while in 4WD.

plus i do not believe there are any low cost options for an 8.25 at this time, at least for the 29 spline axle.
Agreed, I love my front D30 Aussie locker. Invisible on the road, off-road it really shines.

Back