• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local shop to buy a radiator and pump

transamerica / 4 wheel parts in compton.

why do you need something fancy? anything more than stock for a stock engine is a bit of a waste IMO. If it's overheating, it probably just needs service.

I got a napa radiator a few months ago cost me $106 and lowered my cooling temps but I'm pretty sure my old one was clogged

Yeah I had that same problem I think the radiator mainly solved it, taking out the a/c condenser helped also (a/c never worked). Your sure your temp sensor for the garage is reading correct? Mine reads a bit high I use an obd scanner to verify my temps.

I also scan with obd ii to watch temp. My.goal is to also run with ac on. High flow water pump $104 at 4wheel parts. Ill start with that and a tranny cooler/gauge

High flow water pump

high flow does not mean high cooling. if yuo don't have mods like a stroker or forced induction that are creating excessive heat you do not need a high flow pump, you end up pushing the coolant through the radiator so fast that it doesn't have a chance to be cooled.

V8 fan clutch . Tstat pump hoses rad exhaust header all oem. Less than 500 miles on it all.
Overheating under high load. Idle or downhill no problem.

high flow does not mean high cooling. if yuo don't have mods like a stroker or forced induction that are creating excessive heat you do not need a high flow pump, you end up pushing the coolant through the radiator so fast that it doesn't have a chance to be cooled.

Seemed logical to me since the oem parts don't seem to be working under high load.

After high flow pump, then 2 row aluminum, then onto exhaust system, then too craigslist.

Verify that your elect fan is working correctly also. A newer 10 curved blade elect fan is nice. But yours should be that style being the newer year.

It took me 6 caps to seal on the rad right.Take it to a good rad shop and have them look at it.They'll help you if you ask.This is how i found a great shop out here.

I was having same problem even after I changed cracked head three weeks ago just got back from doing mojave rd. My temps now around 190. Changed 1 year old leaking 2 row CSF for 105 dollar autozone put spring in lower rad hose auto zone 180 tstat with hole drilled in it and autozone rad cap. This is the coolest it has ran since I bought it. I have bought 4 tstat napa, dealer, Robert shaw and auto zone guess what autozone one has the largest opening. By the way autozone one is called motorad. Also changed back to standard clutch fan.

Back