• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Line locks for front/rear digs?

In my very limited experience, the back of an XJ may be too light at times and may drag the one braked corner, without turning as well as you would want. I would make sure I had the ability to brake both rears together.

Why not a push pull, and run one direction to the front, and the other to the rear?

I'm assuming this is in some form of buggy build?
I just figured twin stick will be easier to remember which is which but I guess practice could take care of that.

It's for my xj

In my very limited experience, the back of an XJ may be too light at times and may drag the one braked corner, without turning as well as you would want. I would make sure I had the ability to brake both rears together.

I think dragging both would work but not as sharp. could suck if the outside was hooking good.

rTbGmQ7.jpg

Last edited:
I just figured twin stick will be easier to remember which is which but I guess practice could take care of that.

Push for the front brakes.

Pull for the rear brakes.

It seems pretty easy, but you could always paint one blue and one yellow if it helps.

Push for the front brakes.

Pull for the rear brakes.

It seems pretty easy, but you could always paint one blue and one yellow if it helps.

Well I was thinking just left rear and right rear. I'm not sure which would be better.

Probably wouldn't work as well in reverse.

working a single tire in the rear works best for digs. the inside tire acts as a pivot while the other is still allowed to differentiate, and roll. this should still work with most auto lockers, as they lock up under torque input.

if you want to go all out, two cutting brakes can be plumbed for left and right. forward does front, back does rear. pull/push both at the same time to lock up an entire axle.

Well I was thinking just left rear and right rear. I'm not sure which would be better.

Probably wouldn't work as well in reverse.

most rear digs that i have seen or done have been in drive, trying to get the rear to slide around a bit off camber.

your call. either way would work, each has benefits.

Back