• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Latch Relay Rapid Clicking!

Make sure your new TPS is adjusted right.

Maybe check vac lines and connectors to MAP and other sensors.

Double check all grounds.

I adjusted the TPS to perfection when i installed it in my intake manifold. I didnt remove the TPS when i moved the manifold the the new engine.....

Low back pressure will not cause it to die. as suggested, check the vacuum lines, especially the one from the throttle body to the MAP. Is it plugged into the right hole in the TB?

Take a look at your EGR and make sure it is not stuck in the "open" position. You can stick a small screwdriver down in there and grab the groove in the shaft and work the diaphragm in and out.

The MAP would be next on my list, make sure the vacuum line is tight into the TB and no breaks in the line

Cruiser types faster than me LOL!

I had a low idle issue with my 90 RENIX that I just recently solved by drilling out the CCV orifice. I'm running a 96 valve cover and CCV system on my RENIX. The 96 orifice is tiny and could be causing your idle to be so low that it is stalling. Try disconnecting the the CCV at the manifold and see if it will idle.

The big canister under the overflow bottle, i believe its called the evap canister... the bottom fell off, and i can feel the filter inside. Thats it huh?

CCV orifice? elaborate please

The "elbow" coming out of the rear of the valve cover and has a vacuum line going to the front of the intake manifold. There is a "orifice" inside of that elbow which sucks crank case gasses out of the engine. Its a "metered" vacuum leak basically

AKA a PCV valve on other makes

Aftermarket stereo memory, amp not wired to switch off when the radio is off etc. The list could be as long as your arm, good luck!

Back