• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labor day wheeling trip 31st; Red Elephant/Mill creek/ Bill Moore

Prolly get banged up. You and I should hit something soon. What you doing wednesday??? That would be a perfect day.

XJNOOB93 said:
I jus got home :tears: Boss wouldnt let me go early. AND I have to pull a double tomorrow.... ON LABOR DAY.:bawl: I am over this job completely.

We wondered what happened, we had thought you might make it :(

Don't fret, your times a coming! :D

Thanks Mat for leading that mess of trails. I had a great time and so did the pup (Dakar)! He slept all the way home. The brats put the icing on the run. Great scenery, tight trails, water crossings, exploring side trails (lost), and so much more to see up there. I want to go again soon! I think it would be tough for a stocker to do without at least some damage.

Thanks again
Rick

RangerRick said:
Thanks Matt for leading that mess of trails. I had a great time and so did the pup (Dakar)! He slept all the way home. The brats put the icing on the run. Great scenery, tight trails, water crossings, exploring side trails (lost), and so much more to see up there. I want to go again soon! I think it would be tough for a stocker to do without at least some damage.

Thanks again
Rick
....I forgot to say thanks for bringing the delicious Coffee cake first thing in the morning! ............did Yella even get any, or was he late, you didn't offer him. :looney:

THANKS RICK!

Crimzon316 said:
i wanna know do you guys think my stock xj could make these trails? cause i wanna go test out my new jeep on the trails before i get a lift...?
....didn't even see this post.....not much sleep since Sunday. Came home my 10month old had a fever, he got a cold :(

Red Elephant & Mill Creek has a lot of off camber which is nothing, but a lot of wonderfully placed rocks to snag body, lot of little drop offs. Red Elephant you have to run from Downieville side as it is nothing but an incline all the way up with wonderful deep ruts and rocks challenging you to climb at the same time to Mill Creek. With no lift it would probably result in body getting scraped and banged up. If you had rocker guards, transfer skid, and tank skid, with carefully placed tires you can slide off of everything :)

Bill Moore if you take that from Empire is rated a 4 by Traildamage and you can go all the way up to Bill Moore lake. That would not be a problem for you. Like I said though if you do not want body damage stay off of Mill Creek :thumbup:

Last edited:
Skully said:
....didn't even see this post.....not much sleep since Sunday. Came home my 10month old had a fever, he got a cold :(

Red Elephant & Mill Creek has a lot of off camber which is nothing, but a lot of wonderfully placed rocks to snag body, lot of little drop offs. Red Elephant you have to run from Downieville side as it is nothing but an incline all the way up with wonderful deep ruts and rocks challenging you to climb at the same time to Mill Creek. With no lift it would probably result in body getting scraped and banged up. If you had rocker guards, transfer skid, and tank skid, with carefully placed tires you can slide off of everything :)

Bill Moore if you take that from Empire is rated a 4 by Traildamage and you can go all the way up to Bill Moore lake. That would not be a problem for you. Like I said though if you do not want body damage stay off of Mill Creek :thumbup:

thanks that was all i wanted to know

Back