• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just bought a used 3 inch lift and have a few questions

gregruot7

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I just got a used 3 inch lift from some guy on craigslist cheap.

Check it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I noticed one shock is leaking so it must be blown, and another shock has a broken mount?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What do I do, call up skyjacker and ask for a new bushing/mount piece?

Also If someone could name off all these parts for me that would be great...

To my knowledge there are
-3 inch lift blocks (which i'm not going to use)
-4 shocks
-1 steering dampener? (the one without the shock boot)
-upper and lower control arms?
-2 coil springs

Also how come 2 of the shocks don't have bushings on one end? Is that how the front shocks are? Or are these the wrong shocks or broken haha....:farmer:

Y0u are correct, the front shocks use the rod attachment on the top. Many cheaper 3" lifts just run the stock length shocks.

Thanks, also another question

My leafs in the rear are saggyyyyyy... I am going to the junkyard and pulling some s10 leafs for a bastard pack.

How many leafs from the s10 pack should I mix in to reach 3 inches of lift? I want to go the highest I can without any serious modification. All I am planning on doing is moving the brake lines around like I read on some other threads.

Those links seemed a little long for sway bar links, but you must be right.

Would I be able to take the adapter out of the old shock and put it into the new shock?

I hope these things come out easy :bawl:

Just curious about those swaybar links, arent they supposed to have an end piece? They seem a little long for sway bar links!

those shocks u have are f'd up most new shocks come with the adapters on them. atleast mine did. pretty much youre only looking at coils and lower control arms. the sway bar links dont loo like the right ones and they are missing the pieces. its probably not worth looking for replacements. just order a new set of swaybar links.

Pssh only one of the shocks were blown, the other 3 just needed a facelift!

1snzom.jpg

Also I tried to look for some kind of markings as to what the sway bar links might be, and the bushing says RANCHO 545 on them?
1580bw2.jpg

I already googled RANCHO 545 and came up with nothing.

Can I put sway bar relocation brackets on or do I still need 3" end links?

Last edited:
I just went to 2 junkyards to find s10 leafs

1st junkyard- The guy wanted $100 for the pair! I told him i'll come back if I don't find anything else. (obviously wont)

2nd junkyard- Didn't have 2.5 inch wide leafs but he said to come back and check throughout the week

This is gonna take longer than I thought....

I just went to 2 junkyards to find s10 leafs

1st junkyard- The guy wanted $100 for the pair! I told him i'll come back if I don't find anything else. (obviously wont)

2nd junkyard- Didn't have 2.5 inch wide leafs but he said to come back and check throughout the week

This is gonna take longer than I thought....

you need to go to a pull it yourself type yard... also tell them that they are OK to cut the packs out, you DO NOT need the eyes intact

Yeah that's what this 3rd junkyard is going to be....

What should I bring? I'm thinking a jack, jackstands, and sawzall or die grinder?

The only problem is how do I get power to the sawzall or air to the die grinder.....

I wish that was true but this junkyard has 50 acres of cars and they're all on the ground :(

Ill bring the jack and jackstands just in case :)

I dont have a cordless sawzall though -_-

Back