• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS- Over Axle Bracket

Yep. Once you remove the steering and the stock stabilizer out of the way, you can hold up the OAB to where it goes and you can see what needs cut and where it'll mount. The forward part of the bracket should sit directly on top of the coil spring bracket. The rear part of the bracket should rest directly against the axle tube. There will be spots on the inside of the bracket where you can weld it to the side of the coil spring bracket.

I braced mine with a few extra brackets I made from 3/16" strap and boxed in what was left of the original track bar bracket on the axle just to clean it up and give the coil spring bracket a bit more strength under the OAB. I have pics of this somewhere as I build mine.........

Thank yella. And yes, I would love to see those pictures!

So........... what you guys are telling is that all I needs is some time, a welder, and the bracket... and I am good to go. No extra parts, just cutting and relocating some, and doing some welding... Am I correct... :eek:)

... (question mark button broken)

Thank yella. And yes, I would love to see those pictures!

So........... what you guys are telling is that all I needs is some time, a welder, and the bracket... and I am good to go. No extra parts, just cutting and relocating some, and doing some welding... Am I correct... :eek:)

... (question mark button broken)

You are correct..... Until.... It comes time to make or modify your current track bar. Even an after market adjustable track bar will need modified shorter. I have pics i can email you too.

Unfortunately, I must have those pics on a disc somewhere and not saved to this computer.......

Here's a pic of the set up all put together with the shortened RE track bar (shortened just above the bend of the lower bushing - about 3" taken out, sleeved, rosette welded and seam welded)

P1010691.jpg

This is a pic of the OAB I did on Kittrell's rig. Not as intricate as I'd done on mine, but it shows roughly the location of how it sits once the OEM track bar bracket and stabilizer brackets are cut off. You'll also see that we welded on a JKS extended sway bar bracket and bridged the gap between it and the OAB with a triangular piece made from 3/16" strap steel.

P1010547.jpg

The area below the OAB is the opening left when the OEM brackets are removed. I made a filler piece that went at an angle from just under the coil spring bracket/OAB weld, to the bottom of the remaining OEM track bar bracket. Looked kind of like an angled skid if you get what I mean. The other bracing I did was to add another section that went horizontal from behind the OAB and welded to the top of the axle tube to give just a bit more strength.

Hope that makes sense.

Has anyone used the JKS FAB Adjustable Trackbar PN OGS951 with the Over Axle Bracket? I just broke my track bar I had made to fit with the over axle bracket. Looking to buy something I can fab up a track bar, instead of cutting and shortening another aftermarket track bar.

That's what I've got (may be the OGS950, only difference is the size of the spherical joint. If you haven't already, you'll need to modify the frame side bracket to mount that joint in double shear with a horizontal axle.

Back