• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeeps and kayaks

I'll let you know if I get a new paddle anytime soon. I'm eyeing a bent shaft made with Easton material by a new company on the west coast, Core Paddles. A new skirt is going to have to come first though.

Think I've found one or two haha. Should be at the park tomorrow, I think lower Green on saturday.

I know this is north east but this is how I roll in assateague md....
NACFEST014.jpg

When are you going to come get this axle? What is whitewater park?

I was in columbia today. I called ya twice. Work is crazy. This dude that's getting it from me might come get it from you. Idk yet.

OK, I do not have any missed calls on my cell from you.

I've been drooling over the ROTM pic on the homepage. Been thinking about painting mine black where his is black. My roof fading and the hood isn't far behind.

I really like the looks of that one too. My roof is extremely faded. The only reason I hesitate is that it seems like it would soak up a lot of the sun and turn my Jeep into an easy bake oven... I might give it a shot. Who knows.

Took the yak out solo this morning. Paddled up stream 4 miles on the Saluda. Put in on my Grandads property that backs up to the river.

A few poser shots. Yes, weak I know. :anon:

photobucket-5888-1314297092841.jpg

photobucket-3197-1314297073448.jpg

photobucket-5891-1314297019411.jpg

Paddled under the I-85 overpass.

photobucket-4776-1314297055299.jpg

I made it about a half mile past 85 and ran into some rocks.

photobucket-3483-1314297038118.jpg

I didn't feel like dragging the yak over them so I turned around. I was suprised at how shallow some parts were. At a couple spots you could have walked across in ankle deep water. We really need rain!

It was a good paddle. Even ran a couple mags through the .45 on the way out after loading everything up. Who says you can't have fun while unemployed. LOL

Ha, nice taste in Cherokees. Looks a lot like mine.

Yeah, We paddled in some extremely shallow water. We never had to get out but we had to butt scoot a lot. lol
DSCF3230.jpg

I've been planning a trip to The Sand bar in Georgia. People keep telling me the water is really low.

Anyways, if any of you guys want to tag along would be awesome. We'll be getting there around 9am on Sept. 3rd. If you don't have a Kayak they rent them for 20 bucks a day. If you have one they shuttle you and your gear to the top for $5.

www.thesandbarbroadriver.com

Last edited:
Back