• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep is bringing the Cherokee back.... and its not pretty...

tribal_4x4

NAXJA Forum User
So Jeep released recently that they are bringing the Cherokee model back to replace the liberty. They also released what the Cherokee will look like and... lets just say... its upsetting....

Here is a link

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/22/2014-jeep-cherokee-uncovered-with-bold-new-look/

and here are some pictures

IMG_1569_zps8bdf7d60.jpg

IMG_1568_zps4fd28093.jpg

:puke:

wow WTF? its basically a liberty re-badged? it looks like a mix between some lame euro - style SUV minivan , an actual minivan, and a soccer mom

It would be cool if they made a rubicon version. Not that I would buy one, but it would be cool.

Definetly not my style, but when they all get like 10 years old , I probably still wouldn't buy one, and ill probably still have my XJ.

wow WTF? its basically a liberty re-badged? it looks like a mix between some lame euro - style SUV minivan , an actual minivan, and a soccer mom

It would be cool if they made a rubicon version. Not that I would buy one, but it would be cool.

Definetly not my style, but when they all get like 10 years old , I probably still wouldn't buy one, and ill probably still have my XJ.

I know right? its like a combination of a Nissan Juke and the new Honda CRV

Seems to be two different vehicles with the same front end photoshopped on. The body lines are different. And the way hood doesn't quite close on the one in the bottom photo looks like manufacturer camo to fool the magazine cameras. It won't look like that.

A sawzaw, some tube, a pair of 60s and 160" of rubber on it and I'd destroy that thing.

I am happy they are bringing the cherokee back. Although its not the same without a straight front axle. If I ever build anything again itll be a WJ 14bff/hp60 on 39s , atlas, hybrid cage , and long armed . crawling in comfort with the 4.7 HO and A/C.

No sir, I don't like it. I wish they would release a new truck, not an upgrade to the 4 door. And without any of that body styling on the new Cherokee.

I am happy they are bringing the cherokee back. Although its not the same without a straight front axle. If I ever build anything again itll be a WJ 14bff/hp60 on 39s , atlas, hybrid cage , and long armed . crawling in comfort with the 4.7 HO and A/C.

Now that would be a nice build.

^^^^ HAHAHAA Kill it with FIRE!!!!

And Jon did you just mind control me into stealing my dream build??

I thought it was a joke. Omg.

How old are you Max? Not to start an argument but... when I bought my XJ new in 91 they were anything but cheap. As a matter of fact the XJ was considered somewhat of a status symbol in the early years of the modern SUV. We purchased our XJ in the spring of 91 and the sticker was 19,800 for a Sport model. The Limiteds were in the low to mid 20's. Keep in mind most people if they had a GOOD job made around 30 -40K a year and gas was around a buck a gallon. Compare those prices to today 20+ years down the road when you can get a new Accord for 23K and you can see they were not as you describe "cheap". All of this changed when the ZJ came out in 93. Then the ZJ WAS the SUV to have. In 98 the 360 V8 hot rod ZJ was hovering around 40K. So they may be cheap now, but there was a time they were the All-American SUV to be seen in. As long as I'm gushing about the XJ... when new they were quick as hell. Not fast, but quick. In the spring of 91, pre-lift pre-everything days, I once got mine up to 120 or so. It's hard to tell because the speedo tops out at 85 but the needle went past the vertical line for a ways...

How old are you Max? Not to start an argument but... when I bought my XJ new in 91 they were anything but cheap. As a matter of fact the XJ was considered somewhat of a status symbol in the early years of the modern SUV. We purchased our XJ in the spring of 91 and the sticker was 19,800 for a Sport model. The Limiteds were in the low to mid 20's. Keep in mind most people if they had a GOOD job made around 30 -40K a year and gas was around a buck a gallon. Compare those prices to today 20+ years down the road when you can get a new Accord for 23K and you can see they were not as you describe "cheap". All of this changed when the ZJ came out in 93. Then the ZJ WAS the SUV to have. In 98 the 360 V8 hot rod ZJ was hovering around 40K. So they may be cheap now, but there was a time they were the All-American SUV to be seen in. As long as I'm gushing about the XJ... when new they were quick as hell. Not fast, but quick. In the spring of 91, pre-lift pre-everything days, I once got mine up to 120 or so. It's hard to tell because the speedo tops out at 85 but the needle went past the vertical line for a ways...

I'm 30 and my point was that before they were "cheaper" than a grand cherokee correct? It wouldn't surprise me if they made them now with more of a luxury feel to them, but idk they may keep it in a more affordable price range...

I know as far as new trucks go they damn near priced themselves entirely to high for my 15/hr paycheck...

While we are getting all nostalgic, In 1994, I bought my first 1990. Sport red with grey interior and yes, I thought I was a baller driving that jeep around and amazed at how offroadable it was when compared to the landrovers or willies on the ranch. That XJ was destroyed in a deep water crossing. After that I was hooked. Shortly after that, I had an interceptor XJ for a patrol vehicle while an MP, now that was the only fun thing about Fort Polk.

Back