• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Didn't Pass Inspection .... NO Surprise

my guy just throws the sticker on. he even reset my codes, drove it till the comp cycled inspected it. I pulled out of the lot and the lite came on in less the 20 feet. and he only charged me 20$ save a dollar!

i go to a guy if it passes emissions it's good and he knows i keep it in good working order

Hey MrSimon..let me know what you need..I'll be at the zone saturday morning. If it fails inspection again, buy a F350, trailer and make the MJ a trail monster and tow it to RC. Rockwells, 44's..come on. u know u want to..:smoker:

Hey MrSimon..let me know what you need..I'll be at the zone saturday morning. If it fails inspection again, buy a F350, trailer and make the MJ a trail monster and tow it to RC. Rockwells, 44's..come on. u know u want to..:smoker:

Can I store everything in your driveway?

Does the Zone sell exhaust pipe fittings like a 45 degree elbow and two feet of straight pipe?

i go to a guy if it passes emissions it's good and he knows i keep it in good working order

I just used a new guy since i moved... i love this guy for that reason... He did emissions, we get to talking he says, you sound like you keep care of your stuff do i need to check everything else? i told him if he wants to, go for it.. he just slapped me the stickers and sent me on my way. :rof:

Can I store everything in your driveway?

Does the Zone sell exhaust pipe fittings like a 45 degree elbow and two feet of straight pipe?
They definitely sell straight pipe (even some with pre-expanded ends to sleeve onto the next fitting) but I'm not sure if it's at least 2 feet long. I think they have 45 degree bends as well. Careful though if you plan on welding it, I seem to recall it being galvanized...

I have to admit, the idea of a lick n' stick sounds appealing. But, on the other hand, I like the idea that a trained mechanic is giving my truck a thorough check-up.

Afterall, I'm gonna have my kids and wife in this truck from time to time .... I want it to be safe.

They passed my XJ before I fixed anything on it... and were careful inspecting it (rather, didn't just put the sticker on and didn't know me), too. That thing was a deathtrap! Very rusty brake lines, exhaust leaking like crazy, very rusty gas tank that ended up leaking everywhere a few months later... the list goes on.

and i thought having emissions was bad. i would move if i had to do safety inspections!

Got the Jeep back tonight and started working on the list.

First, I fixed up the license plate. This should do the trick:

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

Then I put in a new e-brake cable on the pass side ... and put the parking brake lever back in behind the pads.
IMG_2113.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

And after some poking around, found out that my front dirvers side signal light socket is bad. I had purchased what I thought was the correct one yesterday, but it isn't .... back to the store tomorrow at lunch.
IMG_2115.JPG

Did some more work .... almost ready to pass inspection now:

They said I need my tailpipe to exit the body .... so now it does.
IMG_2118.JPG

Of course, I included a quick disconnect feature.
IMG_2119.JPG

And from underneath
IMG_2120.JPG

The old worn out track bar bushing .... which really didn't look all that bad.
IMG_2121.JPG

The new bushing
IMG_2122.JPG

Turns out the real problem was that the bracket is drilled for a 1/2" bolt, and I had a smaller one in there. I replaced everything with the apporpriate size. Fits like a glove now. Much better steering response too:yelclap:
IMG_2124.JPG

Now just need to wait on the turn signal socket to come in and I'll be all done.
IMG_2126.JPG

yeah, if you can wait a few days, I can probably clip one off my spare front clip wiring harness... turns out it doesn't have fogs and I don't feel like screwing around with borrowing pins out of my old harness

Looks good Jordan..you should pass now..if not, go back to my original idea..and yeah, you can keep the stuff here. I won't use it..haha

Nice accordian pipe haha. I think you should be good exiting before the rear tire. You rarley see that except for some really long ass trucks. I think there is some kind of rule about how far back from the cab it should exit but I am not sure, I didnt see anything about it.
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/pub_45/section_e.pdf

Last edited:
Put a clamp on your extension there, where it slips onto the elbow. Don't clamp it very tight though. They will have a problem with it if he grabs a hold of it and it falls off in his hand. Or if it falls off on your ride back to the inspection station.:laugh:

Yeah, I bought an extra clamp just for that purpose .... guess I'll go ahead and put it on.

I also thought that if the truck looked a little better, it might have a better chance to pass inspection.

So I bought a can of paint ......

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

Back