• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad's Prototypes for new product.

Okay.....what about the front fender skins, and the high clearence crossmemeber. Your tcase skid looks good, but a high clearence version would be cooler/id buy it.

I have looked at front fender skins, although I don't think they will add much in structure to them. It would be more for lighter protection than say, sliding into a tree. I can't figure out a way to give the panels any rigidity like the rear panels.

What kind of price range are you looking for a high clearance crossmember to be in?

Care to expand on this? There are at least 5 other good companies that offer this already.

i dunno, i guess your right. there are a lot of companies offering long arm kits these days. i guess the only way to make a big impact on the long arm market would be to produce a quality product and offer it for cheaper than the others. lol. maybe offer a 3 or 4 link kit at a more competitive price? rather than a radius arm kit.

or maybe some sort of mid arm kit?

i would be interested in a nice high clearance crossmember with plenty of protection on the t case and the ability to add long arms down the road. dont know if thats practical tho. in terms of price, under 250 would be good.

I would be interested in some short arms that were bent for tire clearance + had OEM quality rubber bushings in them.
A full coil bucket solution for WJ swaps would be cool, getting the sway / steering / track bar to play nicely. Something where you could cut your 30 down to the tubes, measure, weld & bolt it up.
I don't know if Detours is still making these or not, but sliders that mount to suspension points & "backbone" type bumpers that add recovery / winch / carrier ability to front & rear bumpers while keeping the stock skin are all pretty awesome. Especially if you can do it at a lower price than full bumpers (ought to be possible, right? Less steel...)
Kind of piggybacking on an earlier idea, but a "WJ swap in a box" with all the brackets, spacers, track bar & steering might do pretty well. I don't know which pieces you'd want to offer but sourcing parts from 8 vendors isn't much fun. If you think of Vanco, Bryson, Tera et al offering brake kits that you could junkyard source, & how they sell em anyway...

Ok, time for sleep.

It would also be nice to get pre made brackets and tabs from somewhere local that actually has good customer service.

Cage kits that can be bought in sections. I will end up making my own but if there were pre made sections that would save me some time I would be interested. Like a nice "X" section behind the front seats.

On your integrated cage, shows you have it going through fiber glass finders. Can it fit stock finders? Do you have a 2 door cage? I like to have my seat all the way back and tilted back some also. Dos that cause a problem with the seat belt cross bar? would you have a guess as to the cost of complete install? I could drop it off for a week while I'm in Mich. Could it be install within that time frame?

Cage kits that can be bought in sections. I will end up making my own but if there were pre made sections that would save me some time I would be interested. Like a nice "X" section behind the front seats.

The deal breaker on cage kits is shipping. Once something exceeds UPS dimensional allowance, it's priced off the market. They don't offer much leeway either. Without being able to ship via UPS, it than becomes truck freight which is a minimum of $200 and upwards of $375 to California.

If we can't market cage kits to the entire US, there is no point in offering it locally. We simply don't have much of a local customer base, and less than 7% of our yearly sales come from Michigan. :(

On your integrated cage, shows you have it going through fiber glass finders. Can it fit stock finders? Do you have a 2 door cage? I like to have my seat all the way back and tilted back some also. Dos that cause a problem with the seat belt cross bar? would you have a guess as to the cost of complete install? I could drop it off for a week while I'm in Mich. Could it be install within that time frame?

You would be best off emailing us directly with your questions. [email protected].

diy bumper kits basicly sell the kit for welders at home

Does anyone offer a DIY bumper kit anymore?

A mid arm kit would require the same amount of work as making/installing a full long arm, would that instantly kill the interest?

Not necessarily, if it were priced appropriately. I know I'd like something other than drop brackets but I can't afford a full long arm kit. And labor is free if you do it yourself.

I'd like to second Yossarian: some kind of Detours-like kit to add winch &/or spare tire carrier to a stock-looking rig would be nice. Or even just a way to add such capability to a bumper you already have - maybe an "under-mount" attachment or something. At one point, I thought Detours had temporarily stopped taking tailbone orders, due to being overloaded, so I would think there's a market.

and fyi, WebDog's company, can't recall their name, is still making weld-it-yourself bumper kits.

Not necessarily, if it were priced appropriately. I know I'd like something other than drop brackets but I can't afford a full long arm kit. And labor is free if you do it yourself.

The cost of the suspension is all in the link ends, mounts and other components that would be required for a mid-length suspension. Really, you would only be saving a few feet of tubing on the control arms.

Does anyone offer a DIY bumper kit anymore?[/QUOTE]

i know dirtbound off road does it seems to have been a big hit it was in the vendors specials under 72 hour bumper sale

i think u guys make an amazing bumpert and would expland ur name for the people who like to weld they could sport your bumper and a diy kit would be amazing

a pillar light mounts, i saw detours had brought them back out by now it appears they dont have them anymore.

they would sell like hotcakes with 20 dollar bills stuck to them, and syrup cause syrup is awesome.

A mid arm kit would require the same amount of work as making/installing a full long arm, would that instantly kill the interest?

i dont think it would kill interest. and it wouldnt need to have an integrated crossmember either so there could be cost saved there as well. obviously not at ton but some.

i dont really know i am just throwing out ideas for ya. i figure a mid arm kit should cost less, not necessarily a dramatic drop but if you could make a 400-500 dollar mid arm kit im sure there would be interest. again i could be wrong and it could be the same cost of a long arm kit, you guys would know way better than me.

Back