• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Bumper Design Changes?

ckowennos said:
It looks to me that you simply didn't buy the side protection. They charge extra for the wrap around bit that goes under the fender more.

When was the last time you looked at their www?:sure: :twak: Side protection is standard now!! Basicly they F*#@ed up the bumper and did not get the angles correct which puts the side protection too far forward!!. Without the winch the bumper looks like it would make a good shovel...:D

xjwinchfrnt2desc.jpg

This is what it should have looked like!!

Hey, on the up side, you have a lot more protection up front than you had with stock. Hell you could take out a tree with that, and not hurt the grille.

another thing you could do is use some of that realestate to put some pre runner bars... like JeepinCoastie has in his post. Just need someone with a welder and some low cost tubing. You could get creative and design your own. Get some fab shop to weld it up. shouldnt be too bad. ;)

Destroyer said:
cimg0397xh3.jpg

Kinda fugly if ya ask me.

Thoughts? Opinions?

WheelinJR said:
Negative sir, I know the owner of that Jeep personally, and the bumper posted above and this one look nothing alike, even without the stinger.

the reason i said it i said that was if u look on the bumper i posted it looks like the side protection doesn't go all that far back ....

JeepinCoastie said:
the reason i said it i said that was if u look on the bumper i posted it looks like the side protection doesn't go all that far back ....

The XJ on their site is pre 97 which also makes a difference.

That thing's gonna give problems just when parking! The number of times I've been glad my corners are more tucked than a winch bumper would suggest...

I'd be interested to see if they do right by you - I'm sure they will.

matt1994xj said:
at least you will always have a place to sit down

haha, he can paint it yellow and it'll look like he's driving around with a school bench on the front of his rig. :)

Destroyer said:
Thoughts? Opinions?

My thought is we screwed something up... I dunno how it made it out like that, probably because it's harder to tell the difference on the floor than on a Jeep. I wish I had a chance to clear this up before this thread turned 3 pages long...

We did slightly change the design of the bumper (angles of the side pieces) since that first prototype. The angle of your picture is tricking my eye, so I can't tell how far yours is off from how we typically do it now... but it is off.

We changed the angle of the side pieces about 5 deg (and shortened it overall slightly) so we could us a shorter blank for the bumper when we start building it. Since we buy our 5x2 box tube is 20 foot sticks, any way we can save a few inches means we can get one more XJ bumper out of a stick as opposed to a short SWB bumper or the like. That means it saves us and you money in the long run.

The initial change did not hurt the aesthetics at all in our opinion. The total distance from the front of the bumper to the front of the grill has never changed from that initial design. It has always been the shortest possible without the winch hitting the grille.

At any rate yours looks wrong, and it's obviously our mistake. I will be in the office tomorrow if you want to give us a call. I will send a UPS pickup for that bumper, and we will have you a new out out ASAP. Sorry for the issues :eek:

~Daryl

I have pictures of the revisions that I will get up ASAP as well. They honestly wearn't a large enough difference for me to make it a priority, but it seems I need to get that done. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
I haven't bought from them--yet--but that's why I will. These guys take care of people. On a funnier note, I think my kids could play their superhero games on that thing.
img_0296.jpg

EDIT: Yeah, I know--devil children with red eyes.

monkeyevil said:
My thought is we screwed something up... I dunno how it made it out like that, probably because it's harder to tell the difference on the floor than on a Jeep. I wish I had a chance to clear this up before this thread turned 3 pages long...

We did slightly change the design of the bumper (angles of the side pieces) since that first prototype. The angle of your picture is tricking my eye, so I can't tell how far yours is off from how we typically do it now... but it is off.

We changed the angle of the side pieces about 5 deg (and shortened it overall slightly) so we could us a shorter blank for the bumper when we start building it. Since we buy our 5x2 box tube is 20 foot sticks, any way we can save a few inches means we can get one more XJ bumper out of a stick as opposed to a short SWB bumper or the like. That means it saves us and you money in the long run.
XJwinch3.jpg

cimg0397xh3.jpg

The initial change did not hurt the aesthetics at all in our opinion. The total distance from the front of the bumper to the front of the grill has never changed from that initial design. It has always been the shortest possible without the winch hitting the grille.

At any rate yours looks wrong, and it's obviously our mistake. I will be in the office tomorrow if you want to give us a call. I will send a UPS pickup for that bumper, and we will have you a new out out ASAP. Sorry for the issues :eek:

~Daryl

I have pictures of the revisions that I will get up ASAP as well. They honestly wearn't a large enough difference for me to make it a priority, but it seems I need to get that done. Sorry for any confusion.
Oh please!!Thats not just a simple change!Your actually using "more" material!

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Oh please!!Thats not just a simple change!Your actually using "more" material!

Hi... his bumper is wrong. The sides are not angled back enough. They are angled back far less than the prototype he is comparing it to, and much less than how we do it now. I would love to be able to show pictures, but I can't because I am at home.

monkeyevil said:

That right there is why you guys got my business!

Sliders should be here thursday....cant wait!

monkeyevil said:
Hi... his bumper is wrong. The sides are not angled back enough. They are angled back far less than the prototype he is comparing it to, and much less than how we do it now. I would love to be able to show pictures, but I can't because I am at home.
If it were a 1/2"-1" Id probably agree,4"-6" is not a little less than before!You should change your website and inform the customers when ordering!

RCP Phx said:
If it were a 1/2"-1" Id probably agree,4"-6" is not a little less than before!You should change your website and inform the customers when ordering!

You're not reading something right... That one bumper is wrong! What they sell doesn't look like that! Is it that hard to understand?

lowrange2 said:
You're not reading something right... That one bumper is wrong! What they sell doesn't look like that! Is it that hard to understand?
Sure,Im in! So the CNC plasma cutter just made a mistake(twice,one for the tubing and one for the filler piece),the welder didnt notice the difference,and nobody picked up on the "strange new bumper we build".

Last edited:
monkeyevil said:

~Daryl

Try not to worry, I have a good feeling the folks at JCR will get this taken care of Destroyer. Here is the same bumper only on a pre97 and i wanted an extra bar (which never grew on me, removing it soon).

l_01cbc9db9dc262b699a15bb242caa118.jpg

Back