• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jack's Pass February 18th (Sunday)

Slacker87XJ said:
Fantastic snow run!

Made it home a little before 9, logged into work and found a small fire ... almost done putting it out.

The real news is I put my tow strap through the wash. Should I let it drip dry or run it through the dryer with a couple "outdoor fresh" Bounce™ dryer sheets? :dunno:

-i
give it that outdoor fresh scent you XJ will thank you.

Excellent Run!

Joe, great to meet you and your help was much appreciated! Congrats on mooching off your Dad... Our Mexican meal was quite good and the company made it better.

Matt West, gets my vote for Best Performance. First run for his Wagoneer and he was flawless! Great to meet you Matt W.!!

Ian was early!! :eyes:

Phil, great meeting you. Candlepower took a lot of video and pictures but he isn't on this forum. We'd love to see his filmography ( especially me since I am probably the star :spin1: ). So please ask him to forward something our way.

GREAT RUN!! (except getting to the pass was too easy....)

Sorry guys no pix here, didn't bring the camera.

That was a hardcore snow run to end the season on. Talk about plot twists. Around every corner was a new surprise. I am still waiting to wake up and be sleeping in my jeep on the trail.

The jeeps were all very well set-up. I think out of the 8 rigs that hit the trail there were only 6 open diffs between all of us.

Yea Matt W. best performer. It wasn't till dinner that I learned that he was a noobie. Awesome driving for your first real trip. And Sam the improvement from the way the he drove in to the way he drove out. He get my most improved driver award. I think the noobies did really well on the way out when we needed them to. My hat's off to you guys.

And Matt A. thanks bud for taking all the way down that road. :doh: You are trail breaking master. Thanks again.

And for those concerned I was able to cruise home at 67MPH which is all my tires will allow normally.

I think it is time for a few of us to go fix what broke or needs top be changed.

"Oh look they want to go 100 yards up that trail" Ian. One of many quotes of the day

"Oh look they want to go 100 yards up that trail" Ian. One of many quotes of the day[/quote said:
That may have been the best though!! Thank you for reminding me of it!!

I was pretty sure the pit stop tire change had worked when I was having to keep up to you from Monroe on! Glad you had an uneventful trip from there!

Thanks guys (and Gals) for a wonderful trip!! Apparantly Hans and I planning skills didn't help much with this trip!! All the conversations with the Forest Ranger, Maps of various kinds, GPS, etc. And none of that would have ended in one heck of a "winch bridge" to get down.

A few comments:
group "I hope there is going to be enough snow for a snow run!"
Lets air down in Monroe next time.
Not too much carnage. 1 blown bead on a Truxus.
I have never seen so many tow staps out on a single run!!
I have never seen so many people digging at the same time.
I have never seen so many flashing lights on so many rigs as this run.
Phil "Lee press-on, Let's Nail this trail"
Apparantly tow points not only need to be on the vehicle, they need to be able to stay on the vehicle as well?!?!
Joe "I think I am glad I didn't try this trail after all"
I think we need a few more people to get OBA!!!!
Next time, I am not leaving my dry sox and shoes in the tow rig!!

Thanks guys for a wonderful trip, we always seem to be able to make something out of nothing!!

Michael

Got home at 5mins after 10 last night to a VERY anxious 5yo who held onto my neck for 15mins. She was VERY happy to see me and VERY worried even though I phoned home when we got off the mountain. :)

Great run, wonderful friends, as always. One of the best runs ever.

See everyone at the M&G tonight.

I only have a couple pics to contribute hopefully matts and joes will turn out better than mine

the group on jacks pass hoping the day would turn a bit more challenging, we wouldnt be let down
100_0465.jpg

Oh look they want to go 100 yards up that trail
100_0467.jpg

making some slow progress down the trail

100_0473.jpg

Matt trying to decide whether he should bury it, or sink it
100_0476.jpg

Matt broke trail for us, rocker deep snow was the order of the day.
100_0462.jpg

Popping the hood to cook some hot pockets, deee-lish!
100_0466.jpg

We had a few ups and downs on and off the snow, they didnt look llike much but proved to be very challenging
100_0475.jpg

And another pic of Matt just for good measure, also note Phil"I dont need a jacket" Marek pondering the snow
100_0471.jpg

OKay fellas here I am. Broke down and registered on the board. Thought I'd share my few shots. I'd like to add a little vid but I'm having issues..hmm.

Jack pix
It's funny- I'd hardly consider myself a n00b having been wheeling for about 8 years now. But that was my first time in deep snow and in that light I was definitely new. Learned A LOT! Thanks for everyone's help and patience and it was good to give the winch a workout, even if it was only to save my own bacon. Hope to run again!

:sunshine:

Cndlpwr said:
OKay fellas here I am. Broke down and registered on the board. Thought I'd share my few shots. I'd like to add a little vid but I'm having issues..hmm.

Jack pix
It's funny- I'd hardly consider myself a n00b having been wheeling for about 8 years now. But that was my first time in deep snow and in that light I was definitely new. Learned A LOT! Thanks for everyone's help and patience and it was good to give the winch a workout, even if it was only to save my own bacon. Hope to run again!

:sunshine:

Yeah Sam, it's a totally new dynamic even for experienced folks. We all seem to learn something new every time we go out. It's always amazing though to see everyone group together to get folks out of stuck spots. I will always enjoy working alongside my companions getting my own rig out. I'll pick up a shovel with any of these guys anytime. When we all stick together we get things done faster. LOTS of experience in this group and it's always a benefit to listen to the advice. :)

Thanks for coming along...and nice pics!

Video is up now too. If it doesn't play when you click it, try right clicking the play button. For some reason that's what it's doing for me.

/shrug

Cndlpwr said:
Video is up now too. If it doesn't play when you click it, try right clicking the play button. For some reason that's what it's doing for me.

/shrug

looks like alot of diggin and strappin'. nice diveo. i like the song you used.

Here are some pics from sunday should be a mix between mine and Matt's

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

matt sure likes those hidden ditches:doh:

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

CIMG1212.jpg

CIMG1212.jpg

CIMG1210.jpg

CIMG1209.jpg

CIMG1206.jpg

CIMG1205.jpg

CIMG1203.jpg

CIMG1200.jpg

CIMG1196.jpg

CIMG1192.jpg

CIMG1191.jpg

CIMG1186.jpg

CIMG1180.jpg

CIMG1179.jpg

CIMG1178.jpg

CIMG1177.jpg

CIMG1175.jpg

CIMG1174.jpg

CIMG1172.jpg

CIMG1170.jpg

CIMG1167.jpg

CIMG1164.jpg

CIMG1162.jpg

CIMG1161.jpg

CIMG1159.jpg

CIMG1158.jpg

CIMG1156.jpg

Hey Trace you really let me down, man! NO action shots in the XJ? Looks like you guys had a blast, wish I could have been there!! Not to impressed with Ian's art work thoug, if his name was Albert Einstein or George Washingtom I would have to give the guy a 6 pack!! HA HA! Next time try the alphabet.

Back