• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IVY Branch Off Road Park

Next years IVY Invasion date is March 15th 2015. For those that want to camp there are new cabins at the trailhead and 2 campgrounds withing 3 miles. This is the first weekend after the spring forward time change and a great opportunity to get out of the house and into the woods.

Attended the Spring Invasion at IVY Branch over the weekend and thought I'd share a couple pics and a video.

Got my new XJ truggy suspension finished up just in time to take it down for a shakedown run..... everything seemed to work as it should.

1_zpsn2db9qbl.jpg

Here's my buddy Dennys buggy after he flopped it..... he came out of that thing smiling from ear to ear.

2%20Denny_zpsztfia6rg.jpg

Here's a pic of a Toyota that tried to just get into the entrance of Lower Jay....

3%20Donnie_zpsugpt6uf7.jpg

If you get into Lower Jay this is what awaits you on the climb out.

dee18a5fab0eeccf416440c8eb6c9555.jpg

A quick video of the S-Turn in Ladder.... this is where the buggy above flopped 10 minutes earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3cqyFzXxUA

Right on.... maybe next year. This ride is always the first Saturday after the time change. After one year we've doubled in size and added an additional day. We had so many Mods we had to break them into groups. We also had 3 groups of Crawlers/Bounce buggies.... the weather was great on Sunday and we had 2 flops and 3 near misses..... probably one of my favorite days in the woods ..... ever.

Whenever you guys wanna come down just let me know and me and the guys will come down and ride with you.....

John Herrick from Crawl Magazine brought his 04 LJ Long John Silver all the way from Reno Nevada to run Ivy with us the last couple days. The weather was perfect and John was a great guy. He's a true wheeler and loved the trail system. Look for the article in the near future. Here are a few pics..... I'll post more later.

IMAG0069_zpsg0mvjohl.jpg

NCM_0118_zpsxotu1ama.jpg

NCM_0122_zpslfbiqokd.jpg

jeep_zpse0vp395b.jpg

NCM_0115_zpst5jjfej1.jpg

Back