• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It will take a miracle...

You have PLENTY of time for NACFest.

Then again, I was looking forward to the possibility of being your parole officer in Attica. (Assuming that I manage to get there).

As was said before, if this had to happen, glad it happened before you picked anyone up. Happy that it's only the XJ that's broke.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

wow - that is something that you dont even think about...

glad to hear that your ok -

I got seats at winterfest - and i get bored of driving at times... (spotting is 1/2 the fun)

bgcntry72 said:
The raingutter and roof are pushed in about 2-3", and the rear door won't open and the front one won't close, nor will the hood.
There are 3 spots where the hinges are that the road rubbed holes in the doorskin.
The metal on the rear hatch is folded over onto the quarter panel, and worn through.
Since Baja's pic, I have added a rear 44, 4.88s, 2" lift, trimmed fenders, 33's, and lots and lots of little, tiny, time consuming crap that will never be fully enjoi'd.
I don't know much about vehicle valuation, but with the roof, raingutter, and pillars moved a bit, I am hoping for a total loss so I can do it again.
Maybe use a little more PB Blaster this time, but otherwise it will be the same.
Lift, tcase, axles, rear bumper, rails, and wheels/tires will swap right over.
Stereo, new wiring, intake setup, welded skids, radiator, ignition, etc. will take a bit longer.
Then, make a rolling, multicolored carcass of mine, and let AmFam have it.
Luckily, Enterprise was nice enough to set me up with a Camry, until an F150 becomes available.
Looks like Winterfest is out, at least for me.
:rolleyes:
You might have to fight them a bit for the total loss. I know someone who had more damage then you and the insurance company wanted to fix it (depends on the company and the adjustor). If they want to fix it, you can request another opinion/evaluation.
In any case if at all possible, keep the vehicle in your possesion. The ins co will try to get you to give it to them so that they can take it for some estimates, but you can fight them on that and have them show up at your place.
Anyways, you don't have that much damage. Fix the drivers door and the hood and wheel the sucker :D

Adjuster just left...
His is a wrench-type, and into drag racers and street rods.
After admiring my handiwork, he said that he is almost positive that the sheetmetal damage alone will be enough to total it.
He even mentioned that I could make more by parting it out.
Too cool.
The guy has to do his DD and chase down used parts costs and whatnot, but he said I should start shopping.
I am having the tires rebalanced and swapping the scuffed side inside, and removing bumpers, rails, etc. today, and may call out for some hands for the drivetrain swap. Everything behind the tranny is swapping over to the new shell.
More to come.

If I can help out I will. I agree with the other guys though, I'd wheel it as is.

Punch the windshield out, and take the doors off. I know it's not quite the same thing, but my doors don't shut either!

New heep in driveway...
Making a list...
Planning ahead, remembering all the times I messed up the last one...
Good times...

bgcntry72 said:
New heep in driveway...
Making a list...
Planning ahead, remembering all the times I messed up the last one...
Good times...
Welcome back to the land of the living.

hey what happened to your rolled XJ, i'd be interested in buying it if you work out a deal with insurance to keep it, figure it all out and shoot me a price for what you'd want...might be to your advantage to have em total, you keep the rig, and sell it to me vs having them take the rig.

Wally

I pulled all the parts I wanted and the salvage yard towed it away this morning.
I could have bought it for about $1600, but why?
I bought an identical one and swapped axles, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust, tcase, rails, bumpers, armor, driveshafts, battery, HD cables, bored throttle body, bored spacer, intake, plug wires, plugs, air tank, air freshener, airwick, etc.
Thanks anyway.

bgcntry72 said:
air freshener

critical - i hear that there wont be showers...

Rev Den said:
I would not want it....I hear the crew replacing parts MAY have left a bolt or four, out.

Rev

I was told some of those T-case bolts were finger tightened

:D

Back