• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It was a Jeep...built in to a camper... I call it "The JEPER"

Did a little research and I found Downhomemoto at a bike forum. If you look at the pics in the background you can see his Jeeper stuffed in the back of his garage gathering dust.

You can see his posts at http://www.fz8forum.com/forum/fz8-a...stalled-dhm-fe-kit-today-well-proto-type.html

Someones going a little "stalker" LOL J/K thanks for all to support guys, ya i have to be real with ya the Jeper has taken a back seat... but not just to the bikes... also to the JK. I got my bumpers built for it so i'm back to the Jeper... I have done a little work on it, but I will have some good updates this weekend. Thanks avian...you guys rock!!!

Someones going a little "stalker" LOL J/K

Lols, actually I am very good at finding people. Just one of those weird things I happen to be good at. Really, I just plugged your name into a google search and then looked for the latest post you had made. From there it was pretty easy to see whatcha been up to. Nice bikes btw.

Well here is an update for you guys.
Over the last few weekends I have been working on the front skins. I got both sides done. I'm still thinking about skinning a finder to cover and clean up the doors.
bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMTAxNTIwMTExODE1MDkuanBn.jpg

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMTAxNTIwMTExODE1MjYuanBn.jpg

I also picked up my axle w/ brakes for 30 Bucks !!!
bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMTAxNTIwMTExODE1NDkuanBn.jpg

First thing this weekend I needed to find a better way to move it around the shop. So for 25 bucks i put a tongue crank on it with a wheel. Now it's just a push and go. It's temp mounted for now but I think if i keep it all make a mount higher up os nothing will hang down when it's in stow mode.
IMG_9552.jpg

Then it was back to getting the floor done. And it is. I also put supports under the floor to help but I didn't get a pic of that.
IMG_9556.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

From that back
IMG_9563.jpg

I'll prime and seal it later.

Then I started to work on my rear counter top. I mocked it up with a chunk of osb i had.
IMG_9564.jpg

Then made my counter top.
IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg

It leaves a nice 4'x 16" space to build my cabinets and draws in.
Also this is how deep it is with me standing at the rear, I think it's a good size. I can reach everything without climbing in it.
IMG_9568.jpg

So next week I'll work on getting the floor in the back done and painted, then I'll keeping working on the rear kitchen. I'm thinking I might put a small sink in it. I'm not sure but I'm thinking maybe. And since I plain on running a 25 gal water tank under it, maybe I'll put a 12v pump and have running water? Anyways thanks for looking...

cool project but 2,000lbs = $200 in scrap metal..that plus all the money you spent in rivets and you could of bought a used pop-up.

It's 1100lbs of Jeper and the rivets were 18 bucks for a box of 500! Besides...Everyone has a pop-up. But I have the only Jeper!!!! LOL, I know it's not the best of everything build but I'm ok with that.

cool project but 2,000lbs = $200 in scrap metal..that plus all the money you spent in rivets and you could of bought a used pop-up.

obvious troll is obvious.

awesome build. i wish i could build something like that.

This guy simply doesn't get it........ :rolleyes:

I'm thoroughly digging this thread and project and can't wait to see the progress of one very unique camper trailer! :thumbup:

You should build a custom rear bumper with a swing tire carrier and Jerry can holder. Also I don't know if you have kids or not? It would also be cool to have a roof top Aussie style fold out tent for the kids or friends.

Good work I like it! This is defiantly a repair, re-use, recycle earth friendly project. More people need to do things like this instead of just going out and buying a cheep junk pop up trailer. Those things are junk! I know I owned a few of them before I learned.

Keep up the good work and don't mind the ass clowns.

Dave

Thanks guys...
Dave yes i have a new rear bumper in mind. It will have a tire carrier but not for a tire, it will be my fire pit holder. That's right the Jeper will come with it's own fire pit. When the back's open the carrier will swing out and double as my lantern holder. As for the fire pit, its and old 2ton 5 lug wheel... very cool. And I also really like the idea of a Aussie style tent for the top...didn't think about that.

Find a Westfalia top and do this:

P7100135.jpg

function over form. And that's actually a pretty well done poop pipe snorkel... I've seen way worse. I wouldn't run it, but I'd consider it... and possibly see if I could improve it a little.

Ya i will check it out... i think i might make another one after this. i have to many ideas and things i want to do. And the list only gets bigger...lol.. but i love them all keep them comeing!

Back