• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it possible to use no sye?

even if it doesnt viberate its still hard in the t-case. buy a sye. you`ll thank yourself in the future.

A certain Blue 01 XJ driving guy I know said his did pretty good at 105! He's on 35's!

I've got mine up to 100mph on a big downhill, loaded down with 4 people, all our snowboard gear, and 2 snowboards in a rack on the roof. This with a 4.5" lift and 32's. I was amazed at how smooth it was.

i have an 01 xj and im about to lift it 4 inches within the next month but cash is a little tight right now i was just wondering how long i can go without an sye befor i break something andi will beputting one on but it will be a little after i lift it

Drop the transfer case with some BIT nuts and longer bolt and it should hold ya over until you get the sye. I had vibes with just 2" lift on my 2001.

What's your rig specs? (tranny, axles, t-case)

Ok so the talk is about pulling the driveshaft out but could you not jack it up on jack stands and let the rear hang and if shaft is still in t case all way how could it possibly ever come out when its flexed? I can understand the u joint issues though

That's a good test. There is still a slight chance that when you're fully flexed the force of the articulation could push that tire down further than gravity did, but it's not that likely since the other wheel would be up. The other thing is that if you're giving it gas and the slip yoke angle is maxed out, it will try to pull it out if there is not enough engagement.

I would say get by with the t-case drop until you're ready for the SYE. I've gotten away with a t-case drop at 5" before, but at 6" the rear would come up slightly when braking hard and you could hear things binding and the yoke ears hitting each other.

Yes Xj92 thats a good explanation. and i have looked and listened for the binding issue and sounded fine .Reason i was questioning alot is cause its not just a regular lift the adjustable shackles changed the pinion angle and also take the rear axle foreward thats why i was saying the yoke is all the way in was hopeing someone else might have a similar setup.. I just didnt know if it puts pressure on the t case.

Back