• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Internet speed test

While downloading music and using my crappy B band network adapter. I'll try later with nothin running and using an ethernet cable

LBEXJ said:
A little better than Irag ... but not much.

Well ... as a comparison, it's no cable, but it is better.

256816887.png

Home on two way satellite. If it was consistently those numbers I'd be happy. Wireless is coming in the next month or so thankfully.

Here's work:

256840142.png

LBEXJ said:
Well ... as a comparison, it's no cable, but it is better.

I miss Hughes!

We got switched to Xplore from Hughes about 6 weeks ago and the connection has sucked ever since. UP and down like a yo-yo, lots of drop outs, etc., etc. Signal is down to about half what it was too.

:(

JohnX said:
Can you run a line to my house please?
Well, it's not as good as the numbers would suggest. We have about 600 employees and then we rent out a portion to the Space Agency and National Defence so they suck up some bandwidth too.

I'm not complaining... :) Just sayin' the effect is not as good as the numbers would suggest.

Root Moose said:
I miss Hughes!

We got switched to Xplore from Hughes about 6 weeks ago and the connection has sucked ever since. UP and down like a yo-yo, lots of drop outs, etc., etc. Signal is down to about half what it was too.

:(
I just had it installed, so I really have not formed an opinion yet. It's good to hear you had good experience with them. So far I am satisfied. I really wish I had wired broadband available out here where I live, but I guess that is the price I'll have to pay for my privacy.

Les

FWIW, for surfing NAXJA Hughes is great! ;)

Where it sucked was anything requiring encrypted type data transfers. For every packet sent an acknowledge is sent. Speed of light is "slow"; takes time to go to the satellite and back again.

Online banking mostly sucked but was tolerable.

I do a lot of ssh into servers at work... It sucked. Type a character and wait...

VPN would suck too but I never tried it.

Back