• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Internet speed test

BLISTERING SPEEDS here!
251107660.png

lol, thats the "recommended"

i think its cause our step that connects to DISA connects to Albany, GA.

being the network controller here i know that we pull services from the S.T.E.P site in Bahrain...so lets try there....

251109530.png

little better....thats how we roll out here in Iraq!

notice how the distance is like 70 times as far yet the speeds are almost double.

ill try it from the haji internet joint out in town later tonight, im in the works of getting a civilian euro satellite isp but i have to get the signal to travel 3/4 a mile over either 18 gauge copper pairs of wire or wireless but i have yet to find something that will do this....

Last edited:
Thru my cell phone using LA server, but apparently that's not the right one.
Using their recommended server, apparently my service is coming out of FL...same setup

A little better than Irag ... but not much.

If you are trying to check your segment of the network, your fios line to the CO or switch you need to find a server on that segment. I assume your verizon agreement also includes your own web space ? Do a traceroute to it and see how many hops it takes to get there, the closer the better. If it takes 3-5 hops thats great, put a 5 meg or bigger file up there, see how long it takes to both up load and download, do it maybe 10 times both ways, upload a gig file and then download it. Most of the ftp programs will show you how long it takes. Thats a good way to find out your local speed.
Speed can be effected by so many variables it's not funny, loads on the servers, loads on the line, least cost routing on the routers, maintenance on the network, time of day, whole bunch of stuff. If you are in a business residential area or business's are between you and the central office be aware that the business class service is given priority over residential service, simple money thing there, the business's pay more.

I tried it at work a couple of days ago and got real close to 60K kb/s dl speed.

You would think that dell would have some speed in its IP though

Back