• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

International wants to change the name of the liberty to the Cherokee?

Are you talking about the April issue of JP? International buying Jeep and all that? I bet it's an April fools joke. April issue after all.

already marketed that way in europe, and that issue is a Joke BTW. Fiat might be buying into to gain a foothold in the market, but Chrysler will not be selling anything out.

I'm pretty sure the reason the Cherokee name went away is because of "racial sensitivity". Someone complained about Jeep profiting off the name of an Indian tribe so they changed the name.

I'm pretty sure the reason the Cherokee name went away is because of "racial sensitivity". Someone complained about Jeep profiting off the name of an Indian tribe so they changed the name.

But they still make the Grand Cherokee.

It was because the Liberty doesn't deserve the name Cherokee and they know it!:D

In Europe, the Liberty is badged as the Cherokee. I think they re-named it as not to give any euro's any ideas about what "Liberty" means....Take the French revolution for example. Where do you think they got the idea. :D

It was just marketing. If you have one product called something and another called Grand something, sales of the Grand something are always going to be better cause people will think the Grand something is better

Why don't they just rename the Liberty the "Jeep Joke"...

Not sure which is worse, a IFS Jeep or an All Independantly Suspended "Jeep"hasta

I'd take an "Extended Range Electric" JK long before the rest of the line up.

Pretty sad state when we get to this point, -isn't it?

But very true, -I agree.

IFS needs to just friggin go away, -end of discussion.

IFS belongs on minivans, not on 4x4's.

My .02

Pretty sad state when we get to this point, -isn't it?

But very true, -I agree.

IFS needs to just friggin go away, -end of discussion.

IFS belongs on minivans, not on 4x4's.

My .02
Don't tell that to all the desert runners...IFS out performs solid axles for anything involving speed in the dirt and with lockers can still manage to get through some pretty tough trails. It all depends on the vehicle's usage. If you are like most people out there (even probably amongst wheelers), your 4x4 needs to get you to work, to the mall, grocery shopping, and somewhere on the list is down the trail.

Don't tell that to all the desert runners...IFS out performs solid axles ....

also, shannon cambell, who is supposedly a rock crawling god... runs ifs front...but if ratman, some nobody from a forum doesnt like it, it SHOULD just go away!

i guess you just cant afford good toys...

Back