• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermediate Trail Interest

Whatcha got?

A silver XJ with 31's, ARB's and a matching trailer made out of an XJ....:D

I will be on 33's by then and already have skids and 2x6 rocker replacements.

I do still care about the body a bit but I tend not to beat on my rig too hard so maybe I will get out unscathed or with only minor damage.
Of course there is always the chance of it being more.

Here is my build thread if you are bored .http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1080904

And the XJ trailer If you are curious http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1103987

Bring the trailer! Expo wheeling at Harlan, stylish.
It will Be there and it may see a trail, idk for sure. ( It did in Moab)

I will be on 33's by then and already have skids and 2x6 rocker replacements.

I do still care about the body a bit but I tend not to beat on my rig too hard so maybe I will get out unscathed or with only minor damage.
Of course there is always the chance of it being more.

Here is my build thread if you are bored .http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1080904

And the XJ trailer If you are curious http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1103987

It will Be there and it may see a trail, idk for sure. ( It did in Moab)

Nice stuff! I would strongly recommend the 33's on the intermediate ride for the simple reason of diff clearance. 31's we are going to do a lot of diff and belly dragging. With your lockers and 33's you should not expect body damage.

Guess we will have to find a front locker by July. Figured we would be ok with just the 33's and rear limited slip we have now

im considering coming down for this, I don't know crap about kentucky or the trails there, but ill be on 35's locked, driving home, and with full sets of spares all around.You guys think its worth coming down for the weekend & checking it out....?

im considering coming down for this, I don't know crap about kentucky or the trails there, but ill be on 35's locked, driving home, and with full sets of spares all around.You guys think its worth coming down for the weekend & checking it out....?

Absolutely. I drive mine 300 miles to get there every year, except last year when I caught a trailer ride. SOme great wheeling and scenery.

Watch Deliverance and Justified and you will ready to go...hehehe

Guess we will have to find a front locker by July. Figured we would be ok with just the 33's and rear limited slip we have now

That's fine, I have run most of the intermediate trails on the same.

Some judicious applications of throttle may be necessary, and you only have to attempt what you want to. Spot one of the first rigs on the trail and decide if you want to run it. One of the cool parts of Harlan is that the main trail is friendly and you choose the level side trail you want to attempt.

Last edited:
I'll be riding with this group and probably do an easier run...

Trying to wrangle a trailer together to tow my junk up there. I really want to watch some people hit Lion's Den and Mason Jar, i've seen people from the club do it in videos, but i want to see real jeeps let it rip in there.

I'm gonna start out in easy and see how cocky I get, I may jump in this group for a day. I just gotta drive it back home and to work after it's all said and done

I need someone to step up and lead a second Intermediate group based on the numbers in this thread.

What days and trails were you thinking? Id be interested in helping out

I'm expecting two groups for Thursday-Friday-Saturday. If you could that would be awesome. What are y'all bringing?

What trails are y'all planning for this group? I've got a couple in mind I want to try.

Lower rock garden, upper rock garden, pinball, rail bed, fish fossil, intimidator, 15, I have several others in mins that are a possibility depending on how many we get done.

Back