• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

INTERACTIVE (sorta) project frankenstein

Are you in HS? If so, try taking an auto class at school or at the local JC. I bought a '72 blazer when I was 17, drove(read beat it down) for a few months, and then spent a year wrenching with anyone that would let me under their car with them. I learned a lot my senior year, the biggest thing being that I am color blind and incorrect wiring catches things on fire. Now I pony up the extra dough for harnesses.

Lastly, I concur with the 3-4" with 31's. Seems that most of the stuff on this platform is plug and play. Good luck with whatever you decide on doing.

Bubba Dolphin said:
Are you in HS? If so, try taking an auto class at school or at the local JC. I bought a '72 blazer when I was 17, drove(read beat it down) for a few months, and then spent a year wrenching with anyone that would let me under their car with them. I learned a lot my senior year, the biggest thing being that I am color blind and incorrect wiring catches things on fire. Now I pony up the extra dough for harnesses.

Lastly, I concur with the 3-4" with 31's. Seems that most of the stuff on this platform is plug and play. Good luck with whatever you decide on doing.

thanks man, thats a great idea ill definitely look into it. I have a few buddies with a TJ, an old bronco, and another lifted XJ and we take turns workin on each others rigs as a group, get a hell of a lot done, and maybe even learn something every once in a while :thumbup: my main concern is getting as much life as possible out of the thing, as well as keepin my gas mileage up. ive already done a few homebrewed mods, like an mp3 player hookup, some hooks for cargo, new stereo, hatch lights, put on a roof rack, etc. but by the time i'm finished i wanna have the thing turned into a swiss army car (on the cheap!). I think i've made up my mind on the 3" full leaf pack but i think ill stay with my trusty 235's cause theyre almost brand new. i'm gonna work on tearing the carpet up and making some homemade front disco's this week so ill let you guys know how it goes

thanks for the help Bubba!

my suggestion would be tires and locker. you could probably fit 30s with no rubbing and a lot of trimming on stock suspension depending on how saggy your rears are. i have 31s on stock at the moment, with saggy rears. the front doesn't rub, but if i slam the rear it does. my 31x10.5's are also on 3.75 backspacing, so the outside of the tread lines right up with the body. oh well. a lift is in order. you probably have a chrysler 8.25 with 29 spline rear axle, so the easiest and cheapest locker is the powertrax no-slip. i ordered mine for p.o.r.c. and they have it cheaper than i've seen anywhere. i'm actually about halfway done installing it at the moment. being locked and having good tires, even if they aren't huge, will get you more places than lots of lift and not that much bigger tires.

Back