• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed Front Hitch

Oh, use oil on that there drill bit (start with a small one and work yer way up to the final size) and wear eye protection (really, it only takes a minute to pu them on so do it!). I sprayed some primer on to the bare metal hole before putting the bolts in. I should be able to tell if that made a difference in about 14 years.

cshontz[img said:
http://www.s5di.com/cshontz/xjhitch-3.jpg[/img]

Sorry, but I don't see a lot of approach angle and clearance loss here? Keep in mind with all what I wrote here, I am not a rock crawler I am a mud slinger and hill climber from PA and don't live out west. The hitch seems to stick out of the air dam only about 2" and match's up nice. With the wieght save and so on over an ARB bullybar and winch, I think this is a great option for an XJ. ARB is a nice looking bumper, but the real cost of having one would be huge money. IMHO, you would need to change the whole front suspension to run a bullybar set up and with the receiver you need to change nothing.

I see no negatives with this set up. You could mount a winch on there when needed and leave if off if you don't need it. It doesn't take away much angle IMHO. For my XJ I am 6.5" of lift and 33's (not sure how much total lift that is), it may be the best option for the $$.

Curt

ylojelo said:
Oh, use oil on that there drill bit (start with a small one and work yer way up to the final size) and wear eye protection (really, it only takes a minute to pu them on so do it!). I sprayed some primer on to the bare metal hole before putting the bolts in. I should be able to tell if that made a difference in about 14 years.

ok coolness, thanks for the heads up. i guess i will use motor oil, that's all i got handy. :) yup, i got my goggles! :cool:

Re: Installed Front Hitch...missing instructions

ummm guys,

the instructions that came with my draw-tite front hitch seems to be missing. :( could someone scan a copy for me? please send to this address please: "dogtired107" at hotmail.com. thanks a bunch!

Back