• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector(s) leaking like mad

i agree with 5-90, since its a renix motor and i have had two different renix jeeps injectors leak out of the electrical connections and/or the body. the o-rings should be replaced whenever an injector is removed.

btw, i have ordered two sets from bruce, he is a good guy. they come with new o-rings. i got the yellow FORD 19# ones and they give me a little better economy. brand new set. considering the price from the dealer or the auto parts store, its not a bad price.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsJEEP.asp

-Tim

Last edited:
Okay guys!

That sounds good. I'll go for 91-95 HO injectors, as they are only cheap and quick option for me.

I can't wait till weekend so I can finally fix it :)

UPDATE:

I've got these 'HO' injectors from '92 XJ. Now, the guy says they are from '92, but they look identically to my '90. Even small 'Bendix' logo is there. Some numbers are different, but I would expect that HO inj. are at least little bit different.

However, I've got another problem. As the jeep was sitting there for a week and half, in cold weather, and the battery is one of really bad quality - I had some problems with so weak spark that it couldn't start the engine. I didn't know that even if theres enough juice to get starter running, it could be that spark is too weak to ignite it.. ?? Is this true, or I just have some other problem, with weak spark or ign coil ??

Anyway, I got it started by jumping another battery by cables. It started, but seems that its running a bit rich. I can hear popping sound from cat. Exactly like when unburnt fuel hits it, and burn there.

How long would it take for computer to adapt to new injectors ? Given that they are really HO and flow more than renix ?

And if I didn't get HO's, what did I wrong and why is it running rich ? At least I don't have any fuel leaks now, but the thing is not running right.

Thanks

You didn't get any of the wires crossed did you, there are a couple thats easy to cross.
Weak spark could also cause that, did you address that problem.

Injector wires are all ziptied, so it is almost impossible to cross them. Every connector is like fixed to its injector location.

But spark plug wires feel a little bit strange. They are fairly new - bought new ones 8 months ago, however it seems to me that they are not tight fit anymore, but that there is some play inside - I can feel it when I try to move the wire around spark plug connector. They do 'click' when I put them on, but other than that, they feel loose.

So, initial problem with starting the engine has fixed itself after some minutes running, allowing the battery to recharge a bit. (too bad that I can't fit the other one easly, as its too big for xj).

Spark plugs are also 8 months old, and distributor cap and rotor are few weeks old.

This stuff is leaking again ! :(

Again at the same place, at injector #5 (if counting from front).
Different injector, new orings, old orings, swapped orings. Like fuel rail is damaged.. how can that be ? Can I just stuff something iside, some sealant ? different rubber ? It was fine for a week, and then started again.

Please help me put the end on this agony :(

Thanks

Back