• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inactive Reserve in the Military

adamusmc2002 said:
Yeah, I know, just feels like i'm done since I'm not active anymore. Once Jan '09 comes and goes, I'll be free and clear forever!!! Were you in xDUMPTRUCKx? Are you still within reach?

Adam

im still in! lol

1st MLG, im currently at MCTSSA.

You lucky bastad. I heard their Electronic Maintenance office was on the water. 100 yards from surfable waves. I'd say that's better than the desert!

you didnt hear the rest?

8 am start time with a 1530 go home time.

pt on your own, which i run on the beach and it rules!

bbq half days every friday.

and if your late no one cares!

i wish i just wasnt T.A.D over there!

mud1059 said:
You lucky bastad. I heard their Electronic Maintenance office was on the water. 100 yards from surfable waves. I'd say that's better than the desert!

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
you didnt hear the rest?

*Almost* as nice as being in an MI unit. ;)

:D We had lots of beach...just no water. :(

Many debate the judgement and motive made by those who command the Soldier, I thank all of you who made the choice to serve my country and pursue the ideals of Freedom, Duty, and Sacrafice.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
you didnt hear the rest?

Sweet days. Sounds like the good life to me, good pull on that one.

so are you the one who they raise the stress cards to?

MetViper said:
I'll be in just over nine years when my current enlistment ends. No IRR for me!! After two deployments, I finally got me a nice non-deployable job. I'm the Training NCO for a basic training battery. :yelclap:

I've been watching this thread, and biting my tongue since it started. First off, thanks to all that are, or who have served, regardless of your branch or status. You are the .5% of the population that has the intestinal fortitude (and qualifications) to serve your country. Regardless of how you feel about your service, you still served. Kudos.

The fact that some services are calling up the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) should shed light on the fact that our military is grossly overworked (deployments), underfunded and undermanned. Since the Reserves and National Guard are already deployed and in a rotation schedule that rivals the Active units, there is no other manning source other than a (ugh) Draft. I personally know several soldiers, NCO's and Officers on their 3rd and 4th tours.

I have lots more opinions on this, feel free to PM me if you'd like. They just don't belong on a public forum.

John

Back