• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In a proud tradition...

Install rear shocks
Install new exhaust
Mooch a spare rim from Jason
Wire driving lights
troubleshoot stereo
Make more beer for NW fest
rear brakes for 8.8

Loving every minute of it!

John

My list: (hope I can get it done so I can meet some of you guys!)
- install new t-case drop (on it's way, old set magically fell off on my last outting)
- relocate the o2 sensor (guy at the exhaust shop said he would do it but I can't get it down there due to previous problem)
- get a spare (anyone have a 33x12.5 they need to get rid of?)
- get some
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Clevis D Shackles (probably pick a couple up this evening)
- earn money for gas to get there, while I am there, and to get back
- battery hold down (minor adjustments to be made, just fabbed a new one)
- reconnect all electrical components (cleaned them, and question about it
[/SIZE][/FONT]http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=957086&page=3)
- adjust TPS

Muddy Beast said:
Well what the heck, I have a few things on my list, so I'll bring this back to life. It's all small stuff, but a long list. The beauty of my first car that I actually car about/is officially mine, and having it be 19years old from idiot owners who dont know how to put back the bolts after they take them off! (Litterally like 50 bolts missing from body parts and a few engine parts)

Things I'm getting in the next week/installing:
-All new hoses (Done)
-New Oxygen sensor (Done)
-New wiper blades/fixtures (Done)
-Fix the windows from sticking (Not happening for a few weeks...)
-Replace the oil filter and change the oil (This weekend...)
-Drain and replace the Tranny, Diferential, and Radiator fluids (This weekend...)
-New coolent reservor (Done)
-New Alternator (Done)
-Buy and install a CB radio (On the way...)
-Fix the winshield wiper motor (Done)
-Check all the grounds (Done)
-New speakers (Done)
-New Dynomax exhaust and welding to new Catylic converter (Done)
-Replace the EGR valve hoses (Done)

Possibly do/hope to do by NWfest:
-Get a 3" lift from Rough Country (Ordering tomarrow, hopefully installed before NWFest)
-RC Diff. guard (No money)
-RC steering stablizer (No money)
-Set of BFG Mud Terrains (Ordering after I order the lift, on when the lifts on...)
-Black Steelies (No money)
-Tow points (No money)
-Rock sliders (No money)

I've gotten a lot done between my dad and myself working on her, then me and my friend installing the exhaust today...

I'm siked for NWFest even more now, because my dad is loaning me money so I can get a lift and tires hopefully by then. :laugh3:

Muddy Beast said:
I've gotten a lot done between my dad and myself working on her, then me and my friend installing the exhaust today...

I'm siked for NWFest even more now, because my dad is loaning me money so I can get a lift and tires hopefully by then. :laugh3:

Anything we can do to talk you out of that 3" Rough Country? :laugh3:

Avanteone said:
Anything we can do to talk you out of that 3" Rough Country? :laugh3:

Yeah, give me $300 more to buy an RE. The difference in a RC to an RE is more than a weeks paycheck...

I figure I'll probably go bigger in a year anyways.

Muddy Beast said:
Yeah, give me $300 more to buy an RE. The difference in a RC to an RE is more than a weeks paycheck...

That may be true.... but in a year you can get $$$ for good used R.E. components. The same is NOT true for rough country, etc. This is definitely one of those areas where you get what you pay for.

J

1. Install Thor Guards
2. Replace lower radiator hose
3. Power Steering cooler
4. Transmission cooler
5. CB (Doubtful)
6. Radio antenna (Doubtful)
7. Cut rear quarters
8. Move spare to different rim
9. Fix drivers side window
10. Battery clamps
11. Check dog into Camp Happy Paws

Updated.
TORX said:
- Find a full size spare - DONE (Thanks FUBAR)
- Cargo area tie-downs - DONE
- Oil Change and other maintenance - DONE
- Temporary hood spacers - DONE
-
Tire ROBAL - DONE
- Fix CB Setup - DONE

- Swap in a bigger fuel tank - Not going to happen
- Build a rear bumper and cut the quarters - Not going to happen

1sickhick said:
I need to instal slider's,Front r&p,cut bottom of rear 1/4 panal,find a good rear bumber.Other than that I'm good.looking forward to meeting some of you.

JACK

1.(Sliders) - DONE
2.(Front R&P) - DONE
3.(Bottom of 1/4's) - This weekend
4.(Rear bumper) - not happining

Muddy Beast said:
Not to get the thread off topic, but I would advise you to hold off on the purchase until after NWF. There will be a variety of XJ's there for you to look at, and people to talk to first hand. Ride along on some trails, and see how different setups perform.

You may end up changing your mind.

mojojojo said:
beleive it or not, i am ready now.

still workin on the tow rig thing, but other than that any thing i do between now and then is a bonus. i'm sure that'll change, but it's a great thought aint it ?

so, times run out. i got the jeep all ready, got the flat bed, but.....the tow rig isn't happenin. so i'm either drivin the heep both ways or......?

anyone semi local with a tow rig wanna cut a deal ?

Updated list... Urg...

My list: (hope I can get it done so I can meet some of you guys!)
- clean and grease all electrical connections (done)
- adjust TPS (need help, mechanically inclined... did try however)
- install new t-case drop (should be here Friday)
- brake and e-brake check (next week)
- relocate the o2 sensor (exhaust shop to do once able to drive)
- hold downs for hi-lift and co2 tank
- install CB? (need fuses)
- lightly sand and repaint rims
- fire extinguisher
- gas can?
- radiator flush

buy
- rock rails (not gunna be done for NW Fest...)
- front and rear diff guard? (recommendations?)
- 4.56 gears (dreaming)
- get a spare (in the works)
- front recovery hooks (ordered)
- hose for co2 tank (order tomorrow)

Avanteone said:
That may be true.... but in a year you can get $$$ for good used R.E. components. The same is NOT true for rough country, etc. This is definitely one of those areas where you get what you pay for.

J

I agree also OME isn't bad Ive got their stuff on my rig and it holds up to some abuse

I am all done. Changed all my fluids tonight and buttoned up the last few things a couple of minutes ago. I just need to throw in my camping gear and wait till Friday at noon.

Muddy Beast said:

I have a pair of RE 3.5" front springs and a set of dakota rear springs that I will be looking to sell at or shorty after NWfest. This set-up has worked great for me, just ask around. (980 on a 20* RTI)

Put your money toward tow hooks since they are required and a Transfer Case skid plate. (nothing cuts in to your upgrade money then tearing your TC off.)

I will put your name on my springs and I am very negotiable on price ;) Talk to me at NWfeast :D

Plus nothing worse then putting on a lift the weekend before an event, guaranteed it will take quite a bit of tweaking before your jeep would be fully ready to wheel. It is the small stuff that will get you everytime.

Last edited:
Well, unless I can talk my dad into loaning me more money...I'm going to stick to the RC kit...

I dont care about the ride, and I'm not a crazy "wheeler" yet. I understand the mixed feelings on the product, I've read them all, but enough people are happy with it that I cant see myself complaining to much.

I've actually come up with a couple of items in the last week or so:

Re-do track bar attach bracket. The fix I did three months ago is sloppy again. This time, after I plate and match drill the hole, I'm going to lay a couple of tack beads on the bolts once it's tightened. That should add support right on the end of the leverage, but allow me to grind them off in the event I need to remove it.

"Adjust" steering stops by welding a couple small pieces of stock or nuts onto either the factory stud or the corresponding area where it hits on the axle tube/knuckle. My MTRs ride my LCAs a bit at full lock as is, my SSRs have bigger lugs and will hit worse.

This will all be tackled next week.

WaXJ_Skier said:
Updates

1. do something with control arms Long Arms are in Check
2. Install THOR guards Currently in the living room halfway prepped for paint
3. rocker replacement Holding out hope but probably not
4. bed line interior of XJ Girlfriend ground rear down to bare metal mostly
5. New shocks Purchased will be installed when BPEs arrive
6. SYE Yeah right anybody have one thy want to sell for cheap?
7. figure out how to make XJ get 50MPG

probably more that I don't have time for.

Back