• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Other Sean r?
d88d04b09be22ef65361ec350a2afb44.jpg

16665243_10155095668308919_6534197473576748159_o.jpg

This is something happening in May, they will have a Henry 22 rifle as a prize.

I have a PM in to dowork for a factory style PSC pump. Do it right the 4th time I guess.

Now to find a saginaw box I don't have to modify. My sector shaft is shot.

As some of you know my engine swap is complete. I installed a 96 4.O HO into my 92. Well I have ran into a couple snags. My original engine got hot and smoked, that's what started the swap.

First
96 had an idiot dash. Temp gauge sensors a different from light to gauge. Gauge wasn't working so swapped sensors at the back of the head. Gauge works now but says it's running hot. Like 215-240 area.

Second
All cooling system is new. Everything. New 195° t stat. But I did not drill any hole in it. I've read that that's only needed on the Renex systems. I've never had to do this on any of my jeeps before.

Anyone know what the reading on the gauge sensor should be cold vs warm. I wonder if the sensor is just off and it's giving the gauge a false reading.

Maybe the system has air in it? Ran 4 times and never changed coolant levels. Filled with
It running originally. Touching the engine after it's up to temp it doesn't seem overheated but I'll try to get a laser temp gun from work tomorrow and see what they says.

Anyone got any ideas?

I always had to pull that sensor at the back of the head with a little bit of pressure in the system because it gets an air bubble back there and gives the sensor a false reading.

Just becareful because that sensor can go flying with pressure, never mind the hot antifreeze that goes everywhere.

My 96 XJ was the worst at doing that after flushing the system.

mac 'all I got' gyvr

don't pull the sensor completely. just unscrew it until the steam come outs.
deep well socket recommended, keeps it from burning your hand.

so many ways I could convert that with my Cheesy powers...but I will stay calm for now :D

Pulled the sensor. Only coolant. No air. I hit the head with a temp gun. 220°. I'm thinking the unit resistance is incorrect. Gauge never gets to the red 260 area. Just stays 230-240 range. I think I'll just try another sending unit.

Got my winch mounted. A year later. Getting closer. May have it done by WF. I'll be upset if I don't get to try it out.

ive had the dash gauge go bad before, on the pre 97 dash you can individually replace it in the cluster

mac 'options' gyvr

Back