• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

But they also have pull in the government, hence the call on vehicles on his land. Nothing better then being told to clean your land just to have it taken from you for Pennys on 100$s.

CJs are very hard to find Not rusted out and full of body filler in the Midwest. He'd be better off with a YJ/TJ and swapping a CJ front clip on. I've owned a few CJs.

Looks like once I get my car back from my mom, I get to replace the alternator in the xj (and have oil changed in car also). One outing at badlands made the alternator make noise.

Looks like once I get my car back from my mom, I get to replace the alternator in the xj (and have oil changed in car also). One outing at badlands made the alternator make noise.

Try tightening the belt... it'll either go away or get much worse, what could it hurt...

So had the county called on the property over the summer for the vehicles. All passed the start, stop, move test and she said all was well. Now got another notice for the same thing. According to her, this is coming from higher up and is out of her hands essentially. So even though in her opinion we have met the requirements set by the county, someone with political pull has a wild hair up their ass. The property is bordered by a huge construction company quarry on one side and the quarry next to us is for sale... then there's our three little acres nestled between them. Word has it that the construction company has also obtained the property across the street from us. Not sure I like where this is going...

May not be a bad thing, big companies have big money, may make some if they are willing to buy.

I'll bet the people down the road with the $300k houses are probably more to blame. But if the quarry is for sale.. that ought to make them really happy.

Anyone want to trade xj or wj for a nice car?

6a1d4e4ac530eb9bf99fd48bc947fd11.jpg

must be fast....

d3ec19b7d933fd67ba40aa6e89a64f6c.jpg

I'll bet the people down the road with the $300k houses are probably more to blame. But if the quarry is for sale.. that ought to make them really happy.

Doubtful, my friends property in Belvidere borders one of their quarries as well and he's been having the same issues. The initial complaint against my property and his was the exact same (running an illegal junkyard). We both got hit this year, he's been on his property for 6 years and we've been here 3 years. He finally got a lawyer involved with his situation.

The quarry on the left belongs to said big company. Center quarry is what's for sale. My property makes the little triangle tip. Across the street from my house is where they've been dumping their fill or whatever. The people are still living on the property and farming it. Just weird they've let them come in and dump all this rock for no reason.
15484339480_7a9ef89218_z.jpg

This is my friends property. They've been spreading the quarry out and you can see they've cut around his property.
15483270719_c920a0bb53_z.jpg

Got myself a winter beater today and found out it's an up country with all kinds of cool goodies. It was overheating when we got it, but the compression test turned out 120 on all 6. So, he's replacing the water pump and t-stat and the radiator since it's leaking. 253k and it's cleaner than most vehicles I've seen with less than 100k.

The MollCrawler!!!

F all that...

mac 'the flying would do me in' gyvr

But the views I get sometimes kinda make up for some of it...

154524_10101601791379397_6988657609509532858_n.jpg

That was from Monday's job. Yesterday's job was a similar view. That's the Sierra Nevada Mountains, about 3.5 hours due east of San Francisco.

Yeah I know CJ's are a pain in the ass...was hoping to find a good forum to point him in the right direction. I'm trying to suggest a YJ, or even a TJ, but TJ's are worth more than gold still...

Looks to be a cold weekend.

b4eaf7a7f02638a8b643dade3037a806.jpg

mac 'got five of these loads on the trailer' gyvr

We may get snow here on Sunday...the low temp keeps going up though. Started at 29...

Finally got the mj inspected and legal today. I've been driving it with no inspection since the grace period expired. I finally got a warning about it from the game warden this weekend. He let me off because I was doing everything else by the book but I figured it was time. The shop didn't even check everything on the list...gave it a good once over and passed it. Since it's over 25 years old, the requirement to pass is significantly less. Still have a weird idle issue to solve though. Think the motor is going in my iac

Re: Re: Important

The quarry on the left belongs to said big company. Center quarry is what's for sale. My property makes the little triangle tip. Across the street from my house is where they've been dumping their fill or whatever. The people are still living on the property and farming it. Just weird they've let them come in and dump all this rock for no reason.
15484339480_7a9ef89218_z.jpg

This is my friends property. They've been spreading the quarry out and you can see they've cut around his property.
15483270719_c920a0bb53_z.jpg
So you live at Cunningham and Daisyfield? I almost bought the house south side of C'ham road across from the quarry back in the late '80s. The quarry and RPS made me rethink that.
Do you have the white XJ? I met you at the old Prairie School one afternoon.

On a related note, Since our illustrious County will not maintain our road, I am spending another $3000.00 to spread gravel on it again. My son lost his muffler the other day. Since Lar and I have 4x4s we don't realize how bad it gets. I hope to get it chip sealed next summer. I used to know a guy...

A portion of our taxes are supposed to go to our local Townships for rock and maintaining the roads. We have a few roads that were so bad that I called the commissioner and he said our township board had all resigned and they did not have anyone to run the maintainer on the gravel/back roads. I said let me have the keys to that bitch and I will do it....he called my bluff and brought the keys over an hour later. I learned that it is not as easy as it looks to make a bad road look good, but hey, they are better than they were. I rocked some of my field enterances, not it is a joint effort to keep them maintained w/ MODOT. If you make a nice rock enterance acorss the right of way, they are required to help maintain it and put future rock on it if needed.

A portion of our taxes are supposed to go to our local Townships for rock and maintaining the roads. We have a few roads that were so bad that I called the commissioner and he said our township board had all resigned and they did not have anyone to run the maintainer on the gravel/back roads. I said let me have the keys to that bitch and I will do it....he called my bluff and brought the keys over an hour later. I learned that it is not as easy as it looks to make a bad road look good, but hey, they are better than they were. I rocked some of my field enterances, not it is a joint effort to keep them maintained w/ MODOT. If you make a nice rock enterance acorss the right of way, they are required to help maintain it and put future rock on it if needed.

I told them I would do all of the labor, run the equipment, etc, if they supplied the equipment, fuel and materials. I never got an answer. When I asked them to spread rock on it I was told that I could probably buy the rock cheaper myself. I do not even know what that means, how can spending my own money on something I already pay for in my taxes be cheaper than them providing me a service I already pay for? I guess it is cheaper for them.
The problem is the road is the township line, the TS on the east side of the road has jurisdiction of it and the only two houses are on the west side, so they get no revenue from us.

So you live at Cunningham and Daisyfield? I almost bought the house south side of C'ham road across from the quarry back in the late '80s. The quarry and RPS made me rethink that.
Do you have the white XJ? I met you at the old Prairie School one afternoon.

No, on the white XJ. I have a '87 Waggy and the silver '86. We've met a few times at WF.

Back