• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So the gravel pit I work at gets random inspections from the government for mine safety. Well today is that day.. He's from Harlan.

Where I work we make crushers and screens for mining. We don't get those inspections but we get paperwork nazi's that like to nitpick over my horrible handwriting... I don't know what's worse, them or the random visits from corporate.

Re: Re: Important

Where I work we make crushers and screens for mining. We don't get those inspections but we get paperwork nazi's that like to nitpick over my horrible handwriting... I don't know what's worse, them or the random visits from corporate.

Where do you work?

I got a fluke 87iii at work. Worth every penny, but I make a living with it.

Nothing wrong with cheaper ones for casual use

I was asking where i should go to buy a decent digital multimeter without dropping mad bank on it.

SAM'I thought you were a home inspector'SET
Sam I have a Greenlee DMM I bought from techtoolsupply. I've had it for probably 5years now, and have had no issues. Think I paid $20/$25 for it. It was on sale at the time....

I also have a Fluke. That I paid $0 for. Found it on the ground. In it's case. With all its accessories. It's not one of the fancy ones though.... just a basic DMM with temp probe.

I did not know what DMM stood for.
I am a contractor. I do home inspections also.
I have an Ideal DMM. Flukes are good. Shop on line.
huh, i wonder if DMM is just what they say at school.

I forgot this whole time i have had a fluke in my box at home.
it is this style here.
1_1194.jpg

now i kinda wanted this style
images

but i spent some money today and now im thinking the one i already own is best. i will be checking with the instructor tomorrow. so far i have only been asked to bring 2 tools for my classes. yesterday the instructor gave us a list of required and suggested tools for the class. most of which i had but things like linemans pliers and 'good' strippers and a few others i needed.

small hand tools add up quick

Caught a couple sharks and other fish today, surf fishing. Let a guy touch one of the sharks and it made his day, he was about a 100 yards down the beach still pumping his fists....

Yessir! Unfortunately I can't leave when they show up. He's already been here 2 hours and hasn't started the inspection. He's a talker.

Our IDOT materials inspection guy is the same way. I always try to send him over to the bother the quarry operators.. They have nothing better to do that talk to him.

I have a Caterpillar DMM. I use it daily. Dad got it from the Cat dealer he worked at. Im not sure who actually makes it but its labeled as Cat and sold by them. I have Caterpillar screw drivers that are made by snapon.

In School they always wanted us to get Fluke 118s I think. Flukes are good but can get pricey.

Anybody had much experience with the Blue concrete screws? I can never get the screws to sinch up tight. I dont know if Im not drilling the pilot holes correctly or what.
I need to mount a breaker box to a block wall. Any suggestions on what I should use?

Last edited:
Re: Re: Important

Our IDOT materials inspection guy is the same way. I always try to send him over to the bother the quarry operators.. They have nothing better to do that talk to him.

He was there a total of 6 hours. He'll be back. When I left I told my boss I was going home and drinking.

Anybody had much experience with the Blue concrete screws? I can never get the screws to sinch up tight. I dont know if Im not drilling the pilot holes correctly or what.
I need to mount a breaker box to a block wall. Any suggestions on what I should use?

I always stick a splinter/piece of wood in the drilled hole then use the screw. The wood makes it tight in the hole.

I use a fluke 87V, pricey but it does almost everything I need on a daily basis. Minus the oscilloscope stuff.

Back