• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Are you, like, 80 years old? :D

Hmmm...grinds my gears, pisses me off, gets under my skin, gets sand in my vuhjayjay, etc...I just like to throw curveballs....At Tylers chin.

Dealerships, they obviously didn't even take the time to figure out what was wrong, they just assumed the entire suspension needed replaced.

i just gotta ask cause it happens all the time here, they didnt go right in to the parts dept and say there leaf springs were broke did they?
we get people all the time with rangers with broken shackles, they walk in and say there springs were broke but most of us know better and go take a look at it

One of my shackles on the XJ was nearly that bad, I bent the ears apart with my bare hands when I installed my new springs. Was screwed for time (finishing lift on a saturday evening, gotta drive to work monday!) and just ran it for a while and hoped for the best. Fortunately it made it till May when I tore the whole rear frame apart for rust repair and built a new shackle hangar + installed a new shackle.

Of course... I am not that weak, used a pair of lineman's pliers to bend a stock front skid plate back into shape last night, but still, shouldn't be able to bend a shackle with my hands.

you should see the shackle on the back of mine. I crunched it so hard in Harlan we had to drop a spot of weld on it to keep the metal from tearing more.

It's a good thing I don't have to drive the Mj anywhere anytime soon, because it's officially made it to deathtrap status.

i just gotta ask cause it happens all the time here, they didnt go right in to the parts dept and say there leaf springs were broke did they?
we get people all the time with rangers with broken shackles, they walk in and say there springs were broke but most of us know better and go take a look at it

I'm pretty sure she just told them it wasn't sitting level and was making a lot of groaning noises. Either way they should have at least looked underneath it.

Yeah it was. Suppose to be even hotter tomarrow.

Put a unit bearing on the jeep today and put on the new wheel spacers. I had the turbine wheels and they rubed the lowers bad. I can go full lock now but not they rub the fender flares. Looks better tho.
Itll Clearance.

I like "That really grates my cheese". Got the headliner out of the Cutlass on Wednesday to get reupholstered. Finally getting the ball rolling on getting that spruced up.

Lemme guess, you're boat still isn't running and you're looking for things to do with the Sooper Duty.

only 5 degrees behind you!

the heat wasn't so bad, it was just as hot the day before, but there was no breeze and about 80% humidity, so it was pretty miserable.

I see that you're pegged for 98 today. good luck with that.

You know its hot when you are outside for 6 hours and drink a gallon of H2O and only have a little pi$$......

yeah... hate it when that happens.

I went through a couple of 3 liter poland springs bottles while installing a new d30 last weekend. The only place we had to do it was in full sun and 90 degrees in the middle of a huge asphalt parking lot.

Had both the Waggies out cruising the town today. It was great to get the whole fam, dogs including out and about. We got a lot of looks. I guess it is not every day you see two lifted waggy XJ's cruising. Trying to get the dogs out and walking so they can lose some el bee's.

Great to finally be rolling my Waggy again. And for all who remember my lil problem it was the CPS that fixed it.

Went to the eye doc today..Major concern,can't see close up(Just A Blurr) Glaucoma runs in my family.So,there's a concern.

Well ,all is good ..I passed all the tests.Except, for near sight.:eyes:

The glasses are ordered:wow:

Nick

I am blind as a bat w/o my glasses.....thought about lasik, but 4 eyes are fine for now.

Cheese "been sportin specs since I was 12" Man

Back