• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Live, from da new house, via cell phone. Won't have high speed (10mbps down!) until Tuesday. Spent the day organizing crap, and starting to move stuff. The movers work Monday & Tuesday.

mmmm.... absest tooth.... kill me meow

Be sure to get it taken care of ,it can eventually cause death. Try getting anbesol or baby teething gel. It should help ease some pain till you go to the dentist for some antibiotics. DO NOT POP THE WHITE SAC! It will cause severe infection in your body.

I've got $2000 wrapped up in a bad filling/root canal/surgery to clean out (read that, scrape my skull) the abscess, and it's still giving me problems. Going back to the dentist again this morning- and man, am I thrilled to give him more money... I hate all orthodontists, dentists, endodentists... I don't even like the office staff. Bah.

you got to check out the truck stop area,
isn't Joplin where The Chrome Shop Mafia is from?
those are the guys that do "Trick My Truck" on CMT?
they make some nice rigs!

BOB

The place that they do the work on those trucks is about 1 mile from my parents property. We have seen many of their rigs during various stages of builds. The "Chrome Shop Mafia" is stationed just down the road as well. We have actually seen some of the taping of them doing the "suprise" truck pick up from Petro Truck Stop.

Made it home with the new truck. Pics to follow sometime this afternoon with the newest mods :D I was just glad that it cleared the garage doors with the mirrors.

Brother in law's new offroad rig:
IMGP2827.jpg

IMGP2826.jpg

As you can see, it's slightly bigger than his other two:

IMGP2830.jpg

Nice whip, although I'd have picked a different color...

Enjoy your extraction- the highlight of my last one was not getting dry sockets afterwards. I go back in next Monday for more work. Glad my Jeep only needs a small fortune in repairs, because I'd much rather give all my money to the dentist... who wants new parts anyway? Is it beer o'clock yet?

That looks heavy.

Robert
Heavy is good when your driving over bombs.

Here is a picture of one being towed after it drove over a 60lb bomb:

IMGP2441.jpg

The bottom is V-shaped so it directed all the force to the outside of the truck.
Did some drivetrain damage and knocked off some exterior stuff but no real structural damage and, most importantly, no injuries to anyone inside.

Same hit to an armored Humvee would have destroyed it and killed everyone inside.

Live, from da new house, via cell phone. Won't have high speed (10mbps down!) until Tuesday. Spent the day organizing crap, and starting to move stuff. The movers work Monday & Tuesday.

they just upped me to 20/5 here on Verizon Fios...

mac 'and digging a new dvr also' gyvr

just sold the DD XJ tonight to a local guy. He showed up with a friend to look at it and made me a "cash" offer and I told him I would only accept it if he had the cash in his pocket..and he did! So, it was so-long to the DD XJ and made space for the new truck in the shop :thumbup:

Remove the turret and that could be a trail repair vehicle for offroad trips, plenty of parts and tol storage :) I could use one of those! Of course with the turret and weapons the neighbors won't be complaining about 4 wheelers......

Heavy is good when your driving over bombs.

Here is a picture of one being towed after it drove over a 60lb bomb:

IMGP2441.jpg

The bottom is V-shaped so it directed all the force to the outside of the truck.
Did some drivetrain damage and knocked off some exterior stuff but no real structural damage and, most importantly, no injuries to anyone inside.

Same hit to an armored Humvee would have destroyed it and killed everyone inside.

Reading this means no over-time for me this week. I'am not complaining least I'll get 40.

Nick

Back