• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I found out today that even with a cable modem some downloads can take all day. It took me 8 hours to finally get Vista downloaded..
Which literally screams out the question, WHY!!!

Yea, but I don't mod my rig (No Jeep here) by replacing the D60s with D35s.:hang:
That's right, you joined the dark, Zuk side of things :D

Still, if he's having fun... That's the only reason I could think of to run a VM manager and divide your hardware up in to 4 computers with different OSs per VM.

That's right, you joined the dark, Zuk side of things :D

Still, if he's having fun... That's the only reason I could think of to run a VM manager and divide your hardware up in to 4 computers with different OSs per VM.
Yup, Zuks and Rovers.

Don't you mean Mojave? :rof:

I got a new computer for Christmas and very specifically told them I wanted XP. Ended up having to order a refurbished Dell, but that's what I wanted anyway. Screw that Vista mess.

Think of it like this, with XP as the host, I can dabble with many other OS and not have to put up with them all the time. I'm getting them for free from my college, so why not? Even the DoD is going to be moving to Vista in the near future. The unfortunate reality is that XP is being strangled off.

Ever take a course on an OS and not have that OS to play around with? I'm the type of person that needs to do something in order to learn it. Just reading it in a book doesn't do much for me.

Ever take a course on an OS and not have that OS to play around with? I'm the type of person that needs to do something in order to learn it. Just reading it in a book doesn't do much for me.

I never took a course on an Operating System. I've used so many OS over the years. I don't have enough fingers or toes to count them all.

Reading about software gets old quick. Manuals are written for reference, not as a novel, so they are like reading the dictionary.

BTW: The spell checker wants to correct your handle to "junkie" so I guess that fits today - LOL!

Our hats off to you, Mr. Guru of the computer world. Mr. "Oh, I see you have the machne that goes BING!" Power User :D

A looong time ago, I took an entire semister of an operating system. My advisor told me that it was very important that I take it if I planned on doing anything computer realated as this system will be the backbone of all computing....they called it DOS.

I never took a course on an Operating System. I've used so many OS over the years. I don't have enough fingers or toes to count them all.

Reading about software gets old quick. Manuals are written for reference, not as a novel, so they are like reading the dictionary.

BTW: The spell checker wants to correct your handle to "junkie" so I guess that fits today - LOL!

Our hats off to you, Mr. Guru of the computer world. Mr. "Oh, I see you have the machne that goes BING!" Power User :D

Welcome to reality Ron. We aren't all born with your apparent clairvoyance and mastery of all things. Some of us actually have to "learn" things.

Personally, I could care less about XPS printing in Vista and how it differs from XP. I do care about knowing what is going on so I can fix problems when they happen.

Go ahead and be sarcastic about me talking about my learning experiences. It just goes to show that I try to improve myself by making myself know more, instead of by chopping down people around me.

A looong time ago, I took an entire semister of an operating system. My advisor told me that it was very important that I take it if I planned on doing anything computer realated as this system will be the backbone of all computing....they called it DOS.

I think it is still there, buried way down deep in the bowels of your computer.
Look under the wringer washer and the black and white TV.

Welcome to reality Ron. We aren't all born with your apparent clairvoyance and mastery of all things. Some of us actually have to "learn" things.

Personally, I could care less about XPS printing in Vista and how it differs from XP. I do care about knowing what is going on so I can fix problems when they happen.

Go ahead and be sarcastic about me talking about my learning experiences. It just goes to show that I try to improve myself by making myself know more, instead of by chopping down people around me.

Sorry about that. No malice was intended, and I figured you'd like the attempt at humor after pouring over those manuals/books so hard. Please accept my apology.

Back to my Dark Place - Later

Last edited:
I remove the link in my post.

That was real nasty Sean. I had to shut down IE though Task Manager to get rid of that sucker. Hopefully the Mod can remove your link.

Now, Seriously, I have to get back to my Dark Place ...
I did too, :geek:jackass.

monday morning im sending that site to everone that works with me, nothing will be accomplished, home no one ordered from fastenal

Back