• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Hey Chuck, what rear bumper is that?
I know when I bought the Ares I believe Nostalgia or evolution bumper, I was able to trim the rear bumper caps to fit in over it.

Don't feel bad on baby tires, my Jeep is on JL street tires at the moment. Sure is quick with 31" tires, a little too quick lol

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Pat-matt at FireFab built me the bumper, it has built in end caps that match to my non cut and fold armor. I will get a side shot pic. Those are 30x9.50 tires with 456 gears, almost feels fast.

Chuck, too bad you weren't close. Id build you a swing out tire/gas can carrier for that.

That would be sweet. I am brain storming ideas about one. Guess I will see how it works out.

Finished up my bumper and fuel tank skid yesterday afternoon.

Not an exact match on my bent jeep, but not too bad.

Had to paint the FireFab skull so it shows up better.

Added some peace of mind while I was under there

Last Thursday we loaded the family up for a quick 3 day trip to Dallas for a sister in laws wedding. Drove down and pit stopped in Little Rock for a 2 hour lunch with my grandparents. Drove home Sunday
Today the company flew me to Austin for a work event.Thursday I fly back home

Work 4 days, then drive to Little Rock for a family event.

Busy month

So I posted pops expedition for sale for $2500 with bad cam phasers. It was a king ranch, but still a 5.4 on it's death bed. Ended up getting bombarded with messsges, sold within 16hrs of posting(posted 10PM) for just $100 under listing price. Maybe i should've asked for more, but he was about to call the junkyard to take it for $450. Still have people messaging me despite taking down the posting immediately.

He's not old, just stubborn as shit. But this will add nicely to a down payment for a new truck.

So I posted pops expedition for sale for $2500 with bad cam phasers. It was a king ranch, but still a 5.4 on it's death bed. Ended up getting bombarded with messsges, sold within 16hrs of posting(posted 10PM) for just $100 under listing price. Maybe i should've asked for more, but he was about to call the junkyard to take it for $450. Still have people messaging me despite taking down the posting immediately.

He's not old, just stubborn as shit. But this will add nicely to a down payment for a new truck.

I'd love to find King Ranch interior for mine. But everyone that has it, thinks it's worth millions

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I'd love to find King Ranch interior for mine. But everyone that has it, thinks it's worth millions

I love the old King Ranch interior. IMO the best truck interior. The new King ranch trucks look tacky to me.

Craigslist and FB marketplace are annoying.... "

Them "will you give a 30 day warranty on the jeep you are selling?" does this look like a used car lot? 30 days so you can beat on it, break and return it to me? haha nope, as is where is.

Them "interested in trades?"
me "what do you have?"
Them "nothing of value."
me "then why ask?"

I like to string the scammers along for days. You can really piss them off, then piss them off some more......and then just drop them.

its almost therapeutic.

30 seconds or 30 feet is my warranty...

mac 'out of my driveway, out of my life' gyvr

9076dad3cf98ec11132659b4689fd815.jpg

Got mud?

This thing was smashed up...

caf316a923e24f3b443bee8f554753e2.jpg

Better

mac ‘maybe i can get more gas in it now’ gyvr

Replaced the main seal, oil filter adapter gaskets, and pan gasket on my "landscape truck". No more oil leaks is good, but now I can see all the Transmission leaks. Making new lines tomorrow I guess. Lucky I made it to Moab and back with this many leaks, wow just wow.

The commuter Jeep rusted in half finally. So i stopped to see if my buddy had anything cheap to commute with. He has a 00 sitting there with bad DW and the regular 18 year old Cherokee issues. I jokingly gave him the official MWC price. I may have accidentally bought another Jeep.

Replaced the main seal, oil filter adapter gaskets, and pan gasket on my "landscape truck". No more oil leaks is good, but now I can see all the Transmission leaks. Making new lines tomorrow I guess. Lucky I made it to Moab and back with this many leaks, wow just wow.

This is why I kept asking you if you checked the oil...

mac 'it marked it's spot at the gas stations' gyvr

Might as well have a Cummins.

Went to check the oil a couple of days ago and found that the handle had rattled right off the dipstick, leaving the ferrule behind. Grabbed the ferrule and found that the dipstick itself had rattled its way down the tube.

Yippee.

Thank God for Varmints.

I put a short bend in the end of a piece of 1/16" TIG rod and set a Varmint to work to try to hook the top of the dipstick and pull it back up. It took him about 20 minutes but he won. He at least could see the dipstick down in the tube. Thanks to the joys of more birthdays I couldn't see a darn thing down that tube.

I ordered my lines off Advance Auto. I think it was $65 shipped with discount codes online

I didn't think about checking Advance. The local Napa couldn't find any pre-bent ones to fit my 92. A 25' coil of 5/16 and 4 ends was $30. Took about 4 hours to get all the bends close. I did kink the second one and had to start over.

This is why I kept asking you if you checked the oil...

mac 'it marked it's spot at the gas stations' gyvr

It got so bad that the oil was getting on the electrical components of the transmission and shorting out the fuse leaving the tranny stuck in 2nd.

House is getting there
5b838c835b8437ad250d7af4d0f5177e.jpg
1d970301447d3d179f7a1dbc56d3c443.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back