• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Does anybody know how you would go about scrapping a jeep if it doesn't have a title for it? Got offered a free 97 xj last night if i just come and remove it from their property. Didn't know if i would have to cut it up to scrap it or if i can just take it in on trailer to get rid of it after i take a couple things off of it. Hopefully it doesn't make the wife mad bringing home another jeep.

different at different yards. I know a few here say if it is that new it will need a title. I have drug in a few that new and they were so far dismantled they did not even ask bc it was sold for shred. Typically if it comes through in different pieces, they don't ask around here.

Does anybody know how you would go about scrapping a jeep if it doesn't have a title for it? Got offered a free 97 xj last night if i just come and remove it from their property. Didn't know if i would have to cut it up to scrap it or if i can just take it in on trailer to get rid of it after i take a couple things off of it. Hopefully it doesn't make the wife mad bringing home another jeep.

ive cut them up before and had no issues in iowa...don't know what indiana would do though

Well guess I will go talk to my local yard. Good friends with them anyhow. Would really suck to have to sit there and cut it into pieces.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Well guess I will go talk to my local yard. Good friends with them anyhow. Would really suck to have to sit there and cut it into pieces.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

It's not easy in Indiana w/o a title. Talk to them and see what they say.

Pretty much it has to not have a vin on any part of it and not look like a vehicle.

The almost wouldn't take doors off of two different jeeps that I scrapped once...because the doors have a VIN number and they looked like vehicle parts. I told them both were off Jeeps that were off-road buggies and they let that slide...

mac 'RIP popcan and prune doors' gyvr

they also frown if they go to crush it and a bunch of dead hookers squish out of it.......just sayin'

Well I got an offer and took it. No pay cut either. Put the two week notice in and thought got my boss was going to have a break down. About ten drivers out their notice in this week too.

Scanners are alive tonight, the diesel fest is going on and the unaffliated after parties are happening. I don't mind the event that happens in the fairground, the stuff that happens outside of the fairgrounds puts a bad name to the event to some though. No word yet on if bottle girl will show up again.

Well I got an offer and took it. No pay cut either. Put the two week notice in and thought got my boss was going to have a break down. About ten drivers out their notice in this week too.

Congrats Durbin, awesome news on the no pay cut too!!

TH, get pics of bottle girl.......but not bottle guy, not my style.

No sightings of her yet, the events Facebook page was an interesting read. It went like this, after party at Aldis, then it was cops showed up, now at rural King, then rinse and repeat for about five more places. Seems the days inn didn't mind them doing burn outs in the back lot though.

No sightings of her yet, the events Facebook page was an interesting read. It went like this, after party at Aldis, then it was cops showed up, now at rural King, then rinse and repeat for about five more places. Seems the days inn didn't mind them doing burn outs in the back lot though.

Big automotive events are usually money makers... for the locals and the police

Big automotive events are usually money makers... for the locals and the police
That's no doubt. We ended up in Evansville at the same time as the Frog Follies. Hundreds of hot rods and hot rod people. We ended up having to get a hotel in Kentucky for the weekend. They were having smokey burn out contests in the parking lot every night we were there. We met the nicest people there. Always willing to let us check out there cars, sit in them and happy to fire them up and show them off.

Too bad nothing like some cousin lovin' fun to complete a Kentucky vacation.
I have a cousin in Kentucky, but he seems not interested in my vacation plans.
:dunno:

I have a cousin in Arkansas that has a kid that looks a lot like me but I'm gonna stick to the whole genetics card:eyes:

Back