• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

just took the bike out for the 1st time. it was my 1st time ever riding any bike and i gotta say i think im hooked. just going between 1st and 2nd around my neighborhood, i think the most i got it to was 30. will take plenty of more practice before o fly out of the nest here. but all in all great experience!

You need to take a class if you have never ridden before, PLEASE.

Didn't you already buy smash hole light bars josh?

I did, before the same product on amazon was $75.

He does and that's exactly how I supported this forum and Winterfest for multiple years.

I've already dropped my national sponsorship.

After this BOD conduct, don't expect anything from me next WF either.

I didn't attack your sponsorship or anything about your business. And I wasn't talking about your prices either. I was making fun of you selling welders and trailers for retail after they were used.

I wasn't even talking about you when I commented about the Warn sticker. I think it's interesting that people scream "Buy Warn!" when you talk about winches and bad mouth all the other products out there.

You went straight for the jugular, so I commented in kind. I guess you can dish it but . . .

I tried another brand and really wanted it to work, but it sucked balls right out of the box. No time to **** around, had to go W What I knoW Works....from experience.

Last edited:
I tried another brand and really wanted it to work, but it sucked balls right out of the box. No time to **** around had to go W What I knoW Works....

I bought that W brand winch, built in China because my budget was way over on my build. I had to send it in for new gears (under warranty) within a year or so.

Brian knows this story because we talked about it the other day.

My former US built W winches served me flawlessly for years, sold the jeep with a working W winch.

If you have the cash, buy warn, if for nothing other than their customer service is second to none, plus they do build a quality product.

The Smittybuilt I had worked great, but I never had to use it. Lol.

I've seen numerous HF winches go to shit, their duty cycle is very short and they overheat quickly. Quality you'd expect from HF, but where else can you buy a 12# boat anchor for $300. :D

Speaking of winches, how are Ramsey winches? My uncle has one i think needs a new solenoid. I haven't worked on a winch but i can get it for a song and rebuild. Its a 10K winch if i remember, unsure on model.

How far do the training wheels let you lean it?
These giant legs dragging the ground let me lean it as far as I want.

You need to take a class if you have never ridden before, PLEASE.

Plan on it but the next open spot isn't until the end of September. I'm definitely not going to stare at it in my garage until then.
That said I have watched a lot of vids on you tube including detailed vids on that class.
I like being alive so I'm planing on doing everything in my power to keep it that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlpEqleZ0XI

Each pair come with a box of Depends.

That's insane. To me keeping it upright was the easiest part. Felt no different that a bike. Going around turns and bends all felt natural and normal. The gear shifting is the part I struggled with.

Speaking of leaning, different type of bike, but has anyone ever watched the road racing bikes? They almost put the bikes parallel to the track and put them upright like nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T645xjxMxTc

I need some industrial (farm approved) weed killer...this sissy consumer stuff doesn't last a season. I want it to kill grass and small trees...

Even if I have to use a full ppe suit to apply it.

mac 'hay fever' gyvr

Go to the coop and ask for the best weed killer they have. Hand over $120-150 for a gallon of gold color death. Mix it double strength and watch the weeds die and catch fire as you spray them. Remember its usually a gallon to 200-300 gallons.

Mac, you can buy Glystar which is just glyphosate (Roundup chemical) and mix with Crossbow and it is a potent tank mix. You can get Crossbow at Orschlens or a farm n fleet type store. I use it for spot spraying locust, hedge, multiform rose n other invasive woody species. Use the 2 chemicals, mix in some diesel and dilute with water and it will be a death mix to plants.

Tires are going on right now

Speaking of new tires, I put new steer tires on the Dodge dually yesterday...now I have all 6 matching tires that are within 5000 miles of each other and can be rotated. When it comes to Tire buying on duallys it sucks.

sold the last xj i have last night...i'm xj free again!!!

though its kind of like herpes. once you get excited about it being gone, it always comes back at the worst times :(

i do still have an mj though, so even though i cleard up the herp, at some point i'm going to have to deal with the crabs too.

alt "jeep std's" rocker1

Back