• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

It may take a couple years, but the doctors and hospitals will eventually get back around to you directly. Depending on how you feel about opening a pandora's box, you could contact them first. They may write some of it off and you can also ask for a cash discount that could be significantly cheaper than what they would charge insurance.

It may take a couple years, but the doctors and hospitals will eventually get back around to you directly. Depending on how you feel about opening a pandora's box, you could contact them first. They may write some of it off and you can also ask for a cash discount that could be significantly cheaper than what they would charge insurance.

i don't owe Dr's anything...luckily they finished paying our claims so i have no outstanding balance with any Dr's or Hospitals. We only owed the company premiums.

My thinking is that there will probably be a lawsuit where they will turn over information (if it exists) about customers who had unpaid premiums and the state will try to collect it to help pay the doctors who never paid. The biggest problem is that we only actually owe 2 months...the last month was in dispute because we shouldn't have been charged for it. Not sure how I would prove that at this point though.

My HSA warranty is almost over and they want me to spend 5500 to renew for 3 years. Coverage is spotty. Is it worth it?

HSA warranties are a rip off for the homeowner. What is going to break that will cost $5500.00?
Me on the other hand, make A LOT of money as an HAS authorized contractor fixing stupid stuff that most people can (should be able to) fix them selves.

Since I am not local to you, don't do it.

NAXJA is gonna need an LJ branch...

looks like a fair trade. Your truck is super sexy for an OBS and a pretty good deal both ways.

Some clean up and paint on that rust spot and rock rails will cover it...I have experience...

mac 'sell your XJ to do upgrades' gyvr

my HSA warranty came with the house for one year and cost almost $700 to renew another year. they already fixed our water softener and are coming Friday to fix the noisy fan on our central AC.

I would check the frame rust with a screwdriver...looks scabby to me.

Otherwise a nice Jeep.

so nothing happens next year or year after, would 1400 fix what goes bad? 700/yr sounds high.

I planned on seeing what it saved me this year (if I were to have bought the warranty myself instead of the PO) and if it's quite a bit then ill think about renewing it and be sad that I bought a lemon house but I cant anything going bad other than the roof needing replaced in the next couple of years which isn't covered anyways.

REWSTER, trade
Craig, fuuck them (the insurance company), do as you please
Andy, don't do it...keep a lighter handy if something major breaks

Cheese 'sound advice from an asshole' Man

Thanks. The Big ticket items are AC and Heat, I can live without AC. Water heaters do not last more then 7 years here and are only $700 tops to replace, replace a few a year for friends and family, and mine was new in 2014. Already have water/sewer coverage for pennys a month. This is a 102 year old house with updated windows, 4 year old roof, mostly updated wiring, newer side by side fridge thats going away for a newer stack, washer/dryer is newish that I paid pennys for. The dishwasher is me. Think I'll tell them to kick rocks and hope for the best.

Yeah Craig if you are sure yoi dont own DRs than just keep records of the conversations with the now defunk Ins and move on. Im pretty sure BC/BS and Nationwide wont up and close anytime soon so Im good.

Always check frames on jeeps more than a day or 2 old.

If the seller is buying the home warranty, then so be it, but I would never pay for one. Some of them decide for you how things will be fixed...

My A/C compressor took a dump within a couple of months of me buying my house. The HSA would've put a compressor in it for what the warranty cost and I'd be replacing other parts or the whole thing with in a couple of years. I put a whole new unit in. No further problems. I want my a/c to work and be dependable.

and LOL @ SeanR

The frame is probably a bunch of surface rust on that LJ. It could be all the way through, but I'd be surprised if it is. I used chassis saver paint on mine.

mac 'if HSA didn't make them money, they wouldn't do it' gyvr

Back